• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Consolidating the OT Sub-Forms to One OT forum

failos

Question

15 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I have thought about this, @nate.

What does @Lou, @Adam, @Blarg, @Stradling, @Brandon?

I'm indifferent because I'm used to this format. I preferred the old format of a big ass single message board and the cream rises to the top. The shit no one was interested in would just die off while the hot topic items would constantly get bumped. But will say it was a bit weird because our soccer thread or sub forum has died down but I think it ironically had the most posts at one time.

I think we could get rid of some of the pins, though. I love the UFC and watch just about every fight, but even I stopped posting in that thread because I realized no one cared anymore but it still is pinned at the top.

So...I miss the old format, but am used to this one. Initially it felt congested and we even did that with the soccer forum where I advocated for a single thread opposed to everyone just creating separate threads for each league, tournament, World Cup, etc.

I don't mind this format, but do think we can get rid of some of the pins that no one posts in and let them die like some of the random RIP threads that no one cares about and only has three posts.

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

First, I know your suggestion was sincere.

To elaborate, I don't want to search through posts about soccer,  video games and climate change to get @Redondo's tv recommendations. 

The only difference is that people would only have to go to one place to talk politics and talk about tv shows. The benefit is more people participating in these threads because it is accessible from one place instead of 5 places.

If you carefully look at the different sub-forums, you’ll notice that only 1-2 threads are active. 

11 hours ago, failos said:

The only difference is that people would only have to go to one place to talk politics and talk about tv shows. The benefit is more people participating in these threads because it is accessible from one place instead of 5 places.

If you carefully look at the different sub-forums, you’ll notice that only 1-2 threads are active. 

The folks who prefer your method of viewing topics for discussion use our activity streams. You can set them up here.

https://www.angelswin.com/discover/unread/

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm indifferent because I'm used to this format. I preferred the old format of a big ass single message board and the cream rises to the top. The shit no one was interested in would just die off while the hot topic items would constantly get bumped. But will say it was a bit weird because our soccer thread or sub forum has died down but I think it ironically had the most posts at one time.

I think we could get rid of some of the pins, though. I love the UFC and watch just about every fight, but even I stopped posting in that thread because I realized no one cared anymore but it still is pinned at the top.

So...I miss the old format, but am used to this one. Initially it felt congested and we even did that with the soccer forum where I advocated for a single thread opposed to everyone just creating separate threads for each league, tournament, World Cup, etc.

I don't mind this format, but do think we can get rid of some of the pins that no one posts in and let them die like some of the random RIP threads that no one cares about and only has three posts.

Good stuff, @Brandon. I have unpinned every thread in all of the Sports forums with the exception of the Meat Locker since it's the most active. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I prefer it the way it is. I don't care to muddle through posts about soccer and hockey. 

Ditto. I like the splits and it really isn't a navigation problem to find what is newly posted. It's not a problem, it is actually a solution for people that want to focus on their specific interest.  

On 2/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, Lou said:

I prefer it the way it is. I don't care to muddle through posts about soccer and hockey. 

There are sports that I couldn't care less about, and with the way it is, I can at least find topics along the lines of what I am interested in. Also, just because a thread isn't active doesn't mean that I have read it all.