• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WiFi Cube

Is anyone familiar with a WiFi Cube? My buddy said I need to get one before going to Europe, or else my kids will kill my AT&T bill with the constant Snapchat and Instagram posting, and the fees associated with huge data overages. I don't want to be a scrooge and have to tell them no posting unless we are on a hotel WiFi. I heard they don't work here in the US, but are very popular in Europe and Asia.

Any advice?

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Is anyone familiar with a WiFi Cube? My buddy said I need to get one before going to Europe, or else my kids will kill my AT&T bill with the constant Snapchat and Instagram posting, and the fees associated with huge data overages. I don't want to be a scrooge and have to tell them no posting unless we are on a hotel WiFi. I heard they don't work here in the US, but are very popular in Europe and Asia.

Any advice?

If this is the one.  Looks like around $15 a day for it.  It sounds like a mobile hotspot, and that your phones then connect to it via wifi.  But you only get 500 mb a day, which seems low since you can connect 5 devices. 

http://www.mywificube.com/

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

get the international plan - if you have att you can do it on the app. easy.

or get a burner phone with sim card. 

have them use wifi when available.

That could get expensive though.  $40 just to turn the international option on, then $10 a day per device. 

Just an FYI @NJHalo

Euro lawmakers press EU to impose visas on U.S. citizens

Personally, I just don't this is feasible without destroying the EU.  But just putting it out there, just in case.  Probably not necessary at all, but in case (depending on when your trip is) getting the visa as a safeguard in case the 1% happens might not be a bad thing.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just an FYI @NJHalo

Euro lawmakers press EU to impose visas on U.S. citizens

Personally, I just don't this is feasible without destroying the EU.  But just putting it out there, just in case.  Probably not necessary at all, but in case (depending on when your trip is) getting the visa as a safeguard in case the 1% happens might not be a bad thing.

Thanks,

That would suck.

BTW, it took less than 2 weeks to get completed passports back after application. This included Presidents day holiday.   Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

@NJHaloDon't know when your trip is.  But it looks like it might get ugly.  And no, it's not Trumps fault.  Looks like it's something that has been brewing for a few years.

Trump faces EU tourism row as MEPs vote to suspend visa-free travel for US citizens

EU Parliament calls for end to visa-free travel for U.S. citizens

European Lawmakers Push EU to Impose Visas on U.S. Citizens This Summer

Edited by gotbeer

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@NJHaloDon't know when your trip is.  But it looks like it might get ugly.  And no, it's not Trumps fault.  Looks like it's something that has been brewing for a few years.

Trump faces EU tourism row as MEPs vote to suspend visa-free travel for US citizens

EU Parliament calls for end to visa-free travel for U.S. citizens

European Lawmakers Push EU to Impose Visas on U.S. Citizens This Summer

Going in mid-July, doing Italy only.

This would really suck.

1 minute ago, NJHalo said:

Going in mid-July, doing Italy only.

This would really suck.

I'd at least start inquiring about getting the Visa just in case now.  Because if they do implement it during the summer, it's going to be an even bigger pain in the ass to get the visa since everyone will be rushing to get one. 

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'd at least start inquiring about getting the Visa just in case now.  Because if they do implement it during the summer, it's going to be an even bigger pain in the ass to get the visa since everyone will be rushing to get one. 

Yup, I agree.

I think they are just bluffing, there is too much tourist money to lose, but can't take that chance

10 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/apply-tourist-visa-italy-13281.html

We have an Italian Consulate right nearby in Newark NJ. I don't want to jump the gun, but not waiting until the last minute either.

what a pain in the butt. imagine it sucks even more if you live >500 miles from a consulate.