• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The one position player I'm really worried about...

Oz27

Trumbo.

.552 OPS in his last 59 games of last year, .570 OPS from 74 spring training ABs, looks completely lost at the plate at the moment. Since July 21 last year, including spring training, he has six home runs and 13 XBH in 334 ABs. Take out spring training and it's still six homers in 260 ABs. This is well beyond a slump and it's hard to hide when you're a DH who is horrible at every position you try.

Trumbo has had some great at bats this year, but some really shaky ones too.

At the end of last season, he was consistently terrible.

This season, so far, he's been inconsistent, even within individual games. I'm not ready to throw Mark under the bus.

Home Run Derby killed Trumbo

This is wrong and not true.  If batting practice wasn't exactly like the HR derby and it was easy to predict decline after the derby than I'd believe this.  But the vast majority of players are fine after the HR derby and the HR derby might as well as be a normal batting practice.

This is wrong and not true.  If batting practice wasn't exactly like the HR derby and it was easy to predict decline after the derby than I'd believe this.  But the vast majority of players are fine after the HR derby and the HR derby might as well as be a normal batting practice.

Are you saying that every player on the roster takes BP looking to hit one over the fence every time? So that's why Willits never hit any...

I thought this thread was gonna be about Hamilton.  Sucked at the end of last year, batting .156 now, strikes out at least two times every game, defense is below average.  I'm worried about Trumbo (although I have reduced expectations for him) but I'm more worried about Hamilton.  He's showing the signs of being a huge bust.

I thought this thread was gonna be about Hamilton.  Sucked at the end of last year, batting .156 now, strikes out at least two times every game, defense is below average.  I'm worried about Trumbo (although I have reduced expectations for him) but I'm more worried about Hamilton.  He's showing the signs of being a huge bust.

It should be.

He looks like a platoon player and shows zero emotion.

Are you saying that every player on the roster takes BP looking to hit one over the fence every time? So that's why Willits never hit any...

No, but tons of players do.  Swinging as hard as you can at 40 MPH pitches to go over the fence is not going to **** up your swing for a half a year. The notion is ridiculous.

Hamilton has looked like that plenty of times in the past. He'll come good soon enough. Trumbo, on the other hand, could be being exposed as a one-tool hacker the league has figured out.

It's the madness that is the lineup.

You have the two players who have the worst bat control in the lineup hitting 4 and 5 and have Pujols in front of them getting on base at better than 50% clip.

You have Hamilton and Trumbo who have shown that they can kill any sort of rallys that the team gets in front of them.

Bases loaded no outs, no problem they can strike out and GIDP to get out without any runs,

man on second and third no outs, no problem they can both strike out on two ridiculous pitches way out of the zone.

And this has been going on every single game.

LOL like you even know this.

It might not have screwed up his swing, but it dicked with his head and approach at the plate. 

Uh, you can watch batting practice at any major league game.  I saw Chris Davis = break a window last year in batting practice. 

Mark Trumbo has a really high BAPIP last year and regression was going to come.  Correlating it to the home run derby is silly, especially since we have a large sample of players who play in the home run derby.

He's the one player who had the biggest affect on offseason moves. The Angels were unwilling to package him in a deal for starting pitching. Torii Hunter wasn't even offered a quailifing contract, because Trumbo was to take over RF. Morales was traded once Hamilbum was signed so Trumbo could DH. They have a lot invested in him even though and mainly because he's cheap.

Trumbo.

.552 OPS in his last 59 games of last year, .570 OPS from 74 spring training ABs, looks completely lost at the plate at the moment. Since July 21 last year, including spring training, he has six home runs and 13 XBH in 334 ABs. Take out spring training and it's still six homers in 260 ABs. This is well beyond a slump and it's hard to hide when you're a DH who is horrible at every position you try.

You mean the guy with this stat line

BA, OBS, SLG, OPS

.286 .324 .486 .810

You mean the guy with this stat line

BA, OBS, SLG, OPS

.286 .324 .486 .810

For being a day ahead of us, OZ is living in the past. Trumbo is actually leading the team in RBI following Hamilton that is leading the team in striking out.

There's no way Trumbo should be playing an infield position

Oh come on, it's not like he's as bad as Brad Fullmer was.

Trumbo is an average defender at first base. I don't think he's any worse than Pujols at Albert's stage of his career.