• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Around MLB - 9/25/2014

Angel Oracle

Seattle is already trailing Toronto 2-0 in the 3rd.

Implosion continues.

Nationals lose 7-4 at home to the Mets in the day portion of the DH.    NL HFA is still up in the air between the Nats and the Raviners. 

Milwaukee lost 5-3 to the Reds, clinching the two remaining NL post-season spots for the Pirates and the Giants.

Break up the Rangers!    (11-1 in their past 12 games)

Edited by Angel Oracle

Just remembered that the A'ths lost the season series to the Royals, 5-2.

So essentially they are a game behind the Royals even though tied in the standings.

And the Royals have the recently easier road opponent, as Tejas has played a lot better than the ChiSox have. 

And the Royals won't be facing Sale this weekend.

The A'ths are in big danger of not even hosting the AL WC game, and they are not very good on the road.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Just noticed that Grichuk, who just turned 23, has been on a tear this month and has started 4 of the last 6 games in the stretch drive. He's pretty much taken over for Bourjos who's only started 1 of the last 7 and has gone back to the late-inning defensive replacement role. I think Speedy Petey gets non-tendered or traded in the off-season and Grichuk is one of the starters in the outfield for the Cardinals in 2015.

Don't know if it is a Craig, but Hughes turned down an opportunity to make an extra $500K incentive, because it "didn't feel right."  http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/09/26/twins-phil-hughes-wont-pitch-bonus

Love hearing things like this, hometown discounts, and just ethical moves vs money grabs (though I guarantee, I'd grab every cent I could!)

Don't know if it is a Craig, but Hughes turned down an opportunity to make an extra $500K incentive, because it "didn't feel right."  http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/09/26/twins-phil-hughes-wont-pitch-bonus

Love hearing things like this, hometown discounts, and just ethical moves vs money grabs (though I guarantee, I'd grab every cent I could!)

Wow. That kind of sincerity is very rare. But I don't understand how he fears he's risking injury by pitching an inning in relief this weekend. That statement doesn't make any sense. He should be okay by Sunday. He only needs one out to get the bonus.

Edited by fan_since79