• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Scioscia 'concerned' about Josh Hamilton

AngelsWin.com

Were going to need him healthy and hitting if were going anywhere in the postseason.  

All this time off might be good for him though.  He doesnt seem to like playing every day, I say this because of the massive smile on his face when he broke his thumb in Seattle, he looked happy about it.  When he had a couple days off in Boston he came back hitting the ball hard and the other way, then eventually went back to his normal self.  This season he started out hitting .400 before he got hurt.  Who knows maybe he comes back the last week of the season and gets hot at the right time.  We all know he has the talent to do so.  

Worried about this. It will be tough to win in the playoffs with GRich, Skaggs and Hamilton. 

While Hamilton has been inconsistent at best, he's still a great player and greatness shines when it counts most. (Still remember that 2-R Homer in game 6 of the 2011 WS in extra innings...that woulda won it)

I hope they can help him heal up before the start of the playoffs. 

Were going to need him healthy and hitting if were going anywhere in the postseason.  

I disagree. A healthy and hitting Hamilton would certainly be nice, but we haven't seen that since April and the Angels have been doing just fine.

I want hamilton to do well.

But at the same time he is a big head case, which is the case with most addicts.

We're all addicts, just some more obviously than others.

Worried about this. It will be tough to win in the playoffs with GRich, Skaggs and Hamilton. 

Richards is the only huge loss in terms of the postseason. Not having him means that CJ Wilson will start a game in a best-of-seven series. If both were healthy Skaggs would have likely been mop-up as he wasn't pitching as well as Garret, Jered, Shoemaker or Santiago.

Richards is the only huge loss in terms of the postseason. Not having him means that CJ Wilson will start a game in a best-of-seven series. If both were healthy Skaggs would have likely been mop-up as he wasn't pitching as well as Garret, Jered, Shoemaker or Santiago.

Mop-up is underrated though. Lackey started out as mop-up and then became the go-to in 2002. 

And as you indicate, having Wilson start just sounds horrible. I can't believe our playoff fates will have so much to do with how that guy pitches! 

just a thought although I have no idea about whether this may have happened, but it's actually pretty easy to miss the joint when doing a shoulder injection of cortisone.  Especially on a big guy like Josh.  Not getting the full amount into the joint would give you muscle soreness for a few days just like he's complaining of so maybe it's not as bad as we think. 

Also, Josh is a bit 'delicate'.  I wouldn't be surprised if he magically feels better after the Rangers series.