• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GAME DAY PREDICTION GAME - 2013 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

tomsred

GAMEDAY PREDICTION GAME FOR 2013

The regular season is only a couple of weeks away, and that means it is time to soon begin another edition of the Game Day Prediction Game.  As it has in previous years, this edition will begin with the April 1st game against Cincinnati, and extend throughout the regular season.  It will not extend into the playoffs.  A full set of rules for 2013 can be found above in the Pinned Thread entitled “GAME DAY PREDICTION GAME RULES FOR 2013.  For those of you who have never played before, a thorough read of these rules is a must if you want to play the game successfully.

For those of you who have played before, there are some significant changes from last year.  Some of the major changes are given below:

• ANGEL HITTERS – strikeouts are no longer a valid prediction statistic.

• ANGEL RELIEF PITCHERS – You may predict for Angel relief pitchers this year.  Predictions are limited to the statistics outlined in the rules and special scoring will apply.  A maximum of two points can be earned for a completely correct relief prediction.

• SCORING – Scoring in 2013 has changed, and you can earn between one and four points each game.  To earn the maximum of four points for a hitter your prediction must include home runs or triples.  To receive four points for a starting pitcher the prediction has to be for 7.0 innings or greater and zero earned runs.

• TIE BREAKERS - Year end tie breakers put a premium on the number of three or four point wins achieved over the course of the year, and a secondary tie breaker, based on monthly performance, has also been established.

• DUPLICATE PREDICTIONS - Only until September 1st are duplicate predictions allowed, after that point you can only score points if you prediction is different from all others.

Even though you played the Game Day Prediction Game last year or in previous years, thoroughly reading the rules will greatly assist you in playing successfully.

Last year’s champion was Soto Speaks, who scored 87 points (the maximum number of points per game last year was three).  RussC and TCB finished a strong second and third respectively.

ON SATURDAY, MARCH 30TH, I WILL START THE FIRST PREDICTION THREAD FOR THE 2013 SEASON.  THAT THREAD WILL BE FOR PREDICTIONS FOR THE OPENING GAME AT CINCINNATI SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 1ST.

I am here to help you understand the rules, and play this game as successfully as possible.  Please PM me with any questions or suggestions you may have regarding the rules.  Last year’s contest was highly contested, and we had well over 100 participants during the year.   I would hope we could exceed last year’s participation rate, and have lots of fun playing the game this year.

A new scoreboard is under development, I will keep you posted on this development as we sort out some software bugs in getting it rolling.

• 2 weeks later...