• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Welker & Denver agree 2/$12mm fully guaranteed

nate

There's a lot of positions they could/should address in the draft in some cases for depth - DT, Safety, CB and RB.  Supposedly they're in on a DT from Jacksonville who isn't a big name but has some size and is decent against the run.  They had some cap space but not a ton so if they signed someone like Welker I wonder what it means for Dumervil or other guys who may be moved. 

Edit - I'm hoping Welker to Denver doesn't happen.  I think he's going to get too much money for a slot receiver who is going to be 32 when the season starts.

I agree they need one but with Thomas & Decker on the roster I think they can roll the dice and draft a slot receiver or take a shot on a guy like Amendola who despite injury concerns could be quite a bit cheaper than Welker.  It just doesn't make sense to throw 10M+ a year at Welker with the other needs they have and given their top 2 receivers.   

There's a lot of positions they could/should address in the draft in some cases for depth - DT, Safety, CB and RB.  Supposedly they're in on a DT from Jacksonville who isn't a big name but has some size and is decent against the run.  They had some cap space but not a ton so if they signed someone like Welker I wonder what it means for Dumervil or other guys who may be moved. 

Edit - I'm hoping Welker to Denver doesn't happen.  I think he's going to get too much money for a slot receiver who is going to be 32 when the season starts.

$12 millions for 2 years.

He signed for way less than I thought he would end up getting.  For what he signed for I've got no problems with it and my question is what the hell were the Patriots offering if it was considerd a low offer?

I just heard on the radio the Pats offered $2 million less.

They were 13-3 last year and if it weren't for a horrible play by Moore and bad play calling by Fox in the last part of regulation they could have taken the game in which they lost to the eventual superbowl champs.  I know woulda coulda shoulda but didn't but they blew it more than once in that game and it still hurts.  That said they've still got needs but after going 13-3 last year they've only improved on paper.  Welker is an upgrade over Stokley and supposed Rodgers-Cromartie was getting a physical a bit ago during his visit to Denver and adding him would mean their needs during the draft can be focused on safety and depth at RB/DT and going for best available.