• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nolan Ryan '383' Limited Edition Serigraph — Exclusive to AW

Greetings again everyone. I've been talking to Chuck about this project and finally decided to just post it.

Here's the deal . . . I've created a 24" x 36" serigraph print to celebrate the 40th Anniversary (Sept. 27, 1973) of Nolan Ryan setting the modern single season strikeout record. The poster is based on a photo taken shortly after Ryan achieved the record (see below). It features the Big A with the all scoreboard details. Additionally, the poster will feature a special photo-luminescent ink that will cause the scoreboard, pillar lights and halo to glow as it once did back in the day.

This edition is going to be strictly limited to 100 prints. I will personally sign and number each one and provide a custom designed certificate with each. This poster has been personally approved by the Angels (though not endorsed or affiliated in any way).

Because of the physical size, limited run and serigraph process (each poster is printed one color at a time by hand) the cost will be $80 (plus tax if you live in CA) shipped anywhere in the contiguous U.S. After some discussion with Chuck, it has been agreed that $5.00 from the sale of each poster will go to the Miracle League.

I want Angels fans to have a chance to get hold of this first, so this is exclusive to AngelsWin for as long as interest remains or they sell out.

In order to start the print run, I need to get a solid commitment for 35 posters to cover the bulk of the printing costs.

If you are committed to obtaining one of these, please reply to this thread. I will set up a payment link (likely through PayPal) once we have enough commitments and the posters are printed.

You can also reserve a specific edition number. However, a few have already been reserved and are unavailable: 1, 3, 30, 61, 80 are taken.

I'm happy to answer any questions. Thanks!

Lou

Larger 'watermarked' images available here: http://louspirito.com/383/

post-1564-0-20645700-1376032062_thumb.jp

post-1564-0-26609000-1376032071_thumb.pn

Weekend bump...  

Anyone interested in this? 

This is an intense project that Lou wants to shoot for, but he's not going to even attempt it if he cannot get enough people. 

Lou, perhaps bring a sample to the Tailgater so we can see it? 

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. Life has been throwing curves — cutters, actually — and I've been dealing with some family matters that will keep me occupied off and on for the foreseeable future.

I still plan to make this happen and I'm working with the printer on some changes (may be dropping the luminescent ink — after all, who looks at a poster in the dark!)

I'll post again when I get more info. Thanks for the interest. And THANK YOU Chuck for all of your efforts.