• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lee Smith

Erstad Grit

Obviously Lee Smith was one of the games greatest closers, but I’m interested because people seem to make this a pretty big deal for closers.

1.  Does your mental aspect change or is it mentally harder to go and get a 4 or 5 out save than just a 3 out save?  If so, how or why?

2.  Is there really a big change mentally as a closer when a coach brings you into a game in a “non-save” situation to get you some work, or just go out and finish the game, i.e. some lopsided game? Obviously as Angels fans, we’ve seen this scenario blow up like dynamite.

Just curious about these questions @Erstad Grit.  Sounds like a cool assignment.

Edited by PattyD22

4 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm interviewing Lee Smith next week and I'm curious if there are any questions, Angel specific or not, that anyone of you might want asked.

Personally I'm curious if the whole "mentor to Percival" narrative was accurate or overplayed. 

Ask him if he has any interest in being the pitching coach. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I felt interview went great today, I incorporated all of what y'all said thanks so much. 

Lee told some really cool mentoring Percival stories. 

Where can we read or listen to the interview?