• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jacob Webb claimed off waivers by the Orioles

mmc

2 hours ago, TroutField said:

The man was really, really poor with inherited runners. Not even looking at stats but just based on memory… 

probably an okay #5-#6 option in the pen. We were trying to use him as a high leverage reliever and it just wasn’t working. 

That's due to overusage and ZERO defined roles in the bullpen or situations. That's just throwing darts on a daily basis. Then having no one left in the bullpen on the 3rd day after your bullpen has been overused the previous 2 days because your starters aren't going deep in the game!

Watch the Podcast and listen to what Victor says near the end with eppler.

They are trying to place people in boxes! 

That doesn't bring in the mental aspect of the game.... Some guys squeeze up so tight they shoot diamonds out of their asses! Remember BEDROCK...

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

That's due to overusage and ZERO defined roles in the bullpen or situations. That's just throwing darts on a daily basis. Then having no one left in the bullpen on the 3rd day after your bullpen has been overused the previous 2 days because your starters aren't going deep in the game!

That doesn't bring in the mental aspect of the game.... Some guys squeeze up so tight they shoot diamonds out of their asses! Remember BEDROCK...

I agree 100%… whether it’s Tamin’s bullpen metric or Nevin’s poor in game handling of the bullpen, it’s been one of the main reasons the Angels couldn’t stay in the race. I’m not blaming them for the past 10 games, but overall this year it’s been absolute shit. 

I knew coming in they neglected it and needed 1-2 more dependable arms, they tried to fix the depth of the offense and neglected the pen. 

Also, if Nevin sees after 2-3 batters a reliever just doesn’t have it that day, why doesn’t he pull them out of the game before it’s ruined? Estevez had no control in game 1 of the mariners series, that’s fine get the next best arm available to limit the damage. He just leaves his guys out there to sink, and then pulls them 1 batter too late. 

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I agree 100%… whether it’s Tamin’s bullpen metric or Nevin’s poor in game handling of the bullpen, it’s been one of the main reasons the Angels couldn’t stay in the race. I’m not blaming them for the past 10 games, but overall this year it’s been absolute shit. 

I knew coming in they neglected it and needed 1-2 more dependable arms, they tried to fix the depth of the offense and neglected the pen. 

Also, if Nevin sees after 2-3 batters a reliever just doesn’t have it that day, why doesn’t he pull them out of the game before it’s ruined? Estevez had no control in game 1 of the mariners series, that’s fine get the next best arm available to limit the damage. He just leaves his guys out there to sink, and then pulls them 1 batter too late. 

It's not just on Nevin though.... Wise at times has zero answers. Haven't seen a interview of him since he took over 100% this year? 

I think they were hamstrung last year. The Youngs guys showed some positive growth. Then they stuck with him. And he doesn't have the ability to get them over the hump. So, he tinkers with the spots/usage, analytics, and says what the hitter tendencies are. Yet, that misses a huge part in setting up a hitter, getting out of an inning, or being confident in your abilities and knowing how to stay within yourself to get what you need which are outs. Most of the guys have been young or 4A arms... There is a reason why they're 4A arms, it's either physical, coachability, or mental...

27 minutes ago, TroutField said:

If Nevin sees a reliever struggling after 2 batters, he doesn't pull them because it's not allowed by the rules.

27 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I do agree that Nevin's bullpen management has been awful.

Part of the problem is he didn't have a good bullpen, which always makes the manager look bad.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

If Nevin sees a reliever struggling after 2 batters, he doesn't pull them because it's not allowed by the rules.

Part of the problem is he didn't have a good bullpen, which always makes the manager look bad.

Nevin has had a servicable bullpen with guys he has failed to follow the role they are used to doing career wise. Or misunderstands the basics...

Loup has been a career loogie who could be called on in a pinch to close one out. Tepara was a career middle guy who could be called on to combine with Loup to get through the 7th or 8th. NOT 1.2 INNINGS per outing.

They burned out Tepara, They burned out Davinski, They burned out Webb, these guys aren't multiple inning relievers. Tepara wasn't also a TOP of the BOX (strike zone guy) GUY! He was a sinker slider guy! Let's force him to change to what we DO.... 

But, when you force square pegs into round holes and expect different outcomes that's pretty much the definition of insanity. 

And either Wise doesn't communicate well enough to Management or Nevin as he looks utterly confused out there most of the time!

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

I know the rules… I said if a reliever is struggling for the first 2-3 batters he can then make a decision to pull them. I didnt say to pull them after the second batter but he better get somebody up and warming if a pitcher just doesn’t have it that day, he then can have someone ready to come into the game before it all unravels.  

The manager should have a feel for the game and not be worried about hurting feelings if someone can’t get the job done that day. 

I know Estevez has been almost perfect this year but Thursday he clearly didn’t have it, forcing him to get out of that mess when he’s struggling with control wasn’t the ideal situation for the team overall. Lopez was down there and has showed some nice stuff so far with the Angels. Anyways, we lose and it changed the entire outlook of the rest of the series. 

23 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I know Estevez has been almost perfect this year but Thursday he clearly didn’t have it, forcing him to get out of that mess when he’s struggling with control wasn’t the ideal situation for the team overall. Lopez was down there and has showed some nice stuff so far with the Angels. Anyways, we lose and it changed the entire outlook of the rest of the series. 

Lopez pitched the 8th in that game, so he wasn't "down there."

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Nevin has had a servicable bullpen with guys he has failed to follow the role they are used to doing career wise. Or misunderstands the basics...

I don't think he's had a serviceable bullpen the entire year, but I do agree that he has failed to put relievers in positions to succeed.

6 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I always assumed Bedrock was shooting floor tile out of his ass.

6 hours ago, TroutField said:

His so called pitching coach never has anyone warming up in time.