• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani, July 27, 2023

MLB is too easy for this guy. 

I just…idk. Wtf.

Said it before, but I’m getting to a point where watching Ohtani is on par with the Angels winning. I’ve seen them win a WS. I’ve seen a team win the WS every year. I’ve seen the Angels as a good competitive team. I’ll hopefully live long enough to see them win a WS again.

But I’ve never seen anyone do what Shohei is doing. The man is just totally dominating the game in a way that has never been done.

Edited by totdprods

21 minutes ago, totdprods said:

MLB is too easy for this guy. 

I just…idk. Wtf.

Said it before, but I’m getting to a point where watching Ohtani is on par with the Angels winning. I’ve seen them win a WS. I’ve seen a team win the WS every year. I’ve seen the Angels as a good competitive team. I’ll hopefully live long enough to see them win a WS again.

But I’ve never seen anyone do what Shohei is doing. The man is just totally dominating the game in a way that has never been done.

Funny you mention this. 

I'm off today and cleaning the house. (And drinking)

Heard him his that second one and didn't even really "cheer", just more shook my head.

I haven't played a video game in like a decade or so. But he literally is the guys I created in a video game as a kid. And I had a lot of fun doing it. Even if after while I felt dirty and knew I wasn't actually good at the GAME, I was just willing to take the 7 minutes to edit my guy to have a 99 rating in everything.

Although I'll add here that Ohtani is a wuss. The "Ohtani" I'd create played SS.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny you mention this. 

I'm off today and cleaning the house. (And drinking)

Heard him his that second one and didn't even really "cheer", just more shook my head.

I haven't played a video game in like a decade or so. But he literally is the guys I created in a video game as a kid. And I had a lot of fun doing it. Even if after while I felt dirty and knew I wasn't actually good at the GAME, I was just willing to take the 7 minutes to edit my guy to have a 99 rating in everything.

Although I'll add here that Ohtani is a wuss. The "Ohtani" I'd create played SS.

I’ve had the exact same reaction many times. Just empty, disbelieving head-shaking. Dude has broken my baseball brain.

Who knows what this whole thing means in the long-term, but being a fan is all about moments. And yesterday was an all time great moment. I actually jumped up and screamed, alone in my living room, the instant he connected on that second HR. I know we have Statcast and all that, but as far as the eye test goes, that’s about as pure as I’ve ever seen a human being hit a baseball. 

Again, who knows whatever happens this year or next, but what happened yesterday was amazing, historic, and awesome; and now we’ve all got that as fans forever, and that’s pretty freaking cool.