• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/15/23): Angels @ Orioles - Wallach back behind the plate, Thaiss at 1B

mmc

If you would have told me (prior to the season) that Matt Thais would be hitting 5th in the lineup at some point in the season, I'd have looked at you like you were nuts or I would have assumed the worst for the Angels...  

He's been a pleasant surprise so far and much better than I ever though he could be.  I hope he continues to hit well and I am not cautiously optimistic about his future.  It seems like many of are still waiting for him to "fail" - but hopefully that won't be the case.

Rendon with a groin strain, lol what a joke...

41 minutes ago, nando714 said:

The O’s line up is a wagon 

hoping the angels steal at least 1 game this series 

I saw the O's against the Rays last Monday and man, they couldn't hit shit. 

Hoping the same happens today, and Ohtani takes control of the series in game 1...

33 minutes ago, T.G. said:

He's been a pleasant surprise so far and much better than I ever though he could be.  I hope he continues to hit well and I am not cautiously optimistic about his future.  It seems like many of are still waiting for him to "fail" - but hopefully that won't be the case.

Thaiss has made use of his opportunity this year to establish himself and he’s doing great.  I think he’s shown he has value as a left-handed hitting backup catcher, especially as he’’s still developing defensively.  It takes time.  It’s interesting he’s getting a chance to play some 1st as he’s a decent option there if he keeps hitting and valuable as a back up plan for Walsh.  At the very least he has increased his trade value, very little chance he clears waivers at this point.

I’m rooting for him!

15 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Sweeping the cardinals and then coming back on the rangers feels so long ago.  We need a big run to get the energy back.  Something like 9/10

I agree but 

wish in one hand and sh I t in the other 

Saturday was a big L. Taking 2/3 in Cleveland would have been huge for momentum 

Happy to see Wallach back in the lineup! @Blarg

10 minutes ago, Revad said:

Thaiss has made use of his opportunity this year to establish himself and he’s doing great.  I think he’s shown he has value as a left-handed hitting backup catcher, especially as he’’s still developing defensively.  It takes time.  It’s interesting he’s getting a chance to play some 1st as he’s a decent option there if he keeps hitting and valuable as a back up plan for Walsh.  At the very least he has increased his trade value, very little chance he clears waivers at this point.

I’m rooting for him!

Speaking of Walsh, what's going on with that dude? 

59 minutes ago, T.G. said:

If you would have told me (prior to the season) that Matt Thais would be hitting 5th in the lineup at some point in the season, I'd have looked at you like you were nuts or I would have assumed the worst for the Angels...  

Seems like regular enough at bats are just what he needed?

Still some issues behind the plate, but it sounds like the pitchers have become a little more comfortable working with him?

11 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Happy to see Wallach back in the lineup! @Blarg

Speaking of Walsh, what's going on with that dude? 

started a rehab start in AAA last friday. had a couple of hits on saturday but don't know what he did on sunday. quotes from him say he's feeling better.

i think they were going to reevaluate after the weekend and see where he is and what he still needs. i think. maybe. or something like that.