• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You should watch him game in and game out.  You will change your mind.  I was a big Fowler supporter, but this year he has been brutal.  

I was just pointing out that they're playing him above his head because he's as close as they can come to a #1 D

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I was just pointing out that they're playing him above his head because he's as close as they can come to a #1 D

Fowler on a good team would be a 3rd liner, maybe a second. If he was close to a first liner, we should have people inquiring about him at 2 years $6.5 per. Instead he's considered an unmovable bad contract.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Fowler on a good team would be a 3rd liner, maybe a second. If he was close to a first liner, we should have people inquiring about him at 2 years $6.5 per. Instead he's considered an unmovable bad contract.

Yep, depends how the team is built.

If he doesn't stop making so many mistakes, he's going to become another Shattenkirk.

Well, if Shattenkirk could move the puck up the ice and skate better.

1 minute ago, deepdrive said:

Lol, he may have played a little too long with Silfverberg. Skidded it along the ice under the goalie.

To be fair.  The defender caught him right at the last moment, and interrupted his shot.  Probably why the goalie missed it.  It was like a knuckleball.

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

To be fair.  The defender caught him right at the last moment, and interrupted his shot.  Probably why the goalie missed it.  It was like a knuckleball.

If I was being fair, I wouldn't compare his shot to Silfverberg .

If you consider the lines we iced last night, it's no surprise we lost. We're not that strong offensively. Take away Terry, Zegras, Gauthier and our pick this year...  It  should be a different story in a couple years. Until then, the standings 57 games in don't lie.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

If you consider the lines we iced last night, it's no surprise we lost. We're not that strong offensively. Take away Terry, Zegras, Gauthier and our pick this year...  It  should be a different story in a couple years. Until then, the standings 57 games in don't lie.

It was a tale of 3 periods.  First 2 periods were like the 3 periods against the Kings.  Everyone was moving their feet.  The puck was moving.  Quick passes.  Players were anticipating each other.  Passing to where the player should be, instead of passing to where the player is.  Then the third period came around.   And they got into their old bad habits.  Standing around, stopped skating, stopped moving, waited for the pass to come to them.  Same with the D.  Instead of aggressively forechecking and hounding the puck.  They stopped moving and watched the play develop around them.