• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani and the pitch clock

Erstad Grit

Angels News: GM Minasian Doesn’t See the Pitch Clock Impacting Shohei Ohtani

https://www.si.com/mlb/angels/news/angels-news-gm-minasian-doesnt-see-the-pitch-clock-impacting-shohei-ohtani

Angels GM Perry Minasian was asked about the pitch clock, and how it could potentially affect Shohei Ohtani and the other Japanese pitchers coming over to the MLB. He told Peter Gammons of The Athletic that he doesn't see it being an issue.

"Shohei and most of the Japanese pitchers are so prepared, so attentive to every possible detail, work so diligently that they make adjustments," Minasian said. "I’m not worried about the clock in their cases."

38 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Anyone have concerns with this new rule? Ohtani seems like a very slow deliberate pitcher to me, and I could see some struggles adjusting to the clock. 

I think I'm just waiting for Spring to start. 

It’s going to be a blast this year, even if we don’t make the playoffs which I think we will.

Just now, Trendon said:

Ohtani is so diligent about his work that I have no concerns about his ability to adjust.

I would be worried about other pitchers. I know Fletch mentioned José Suarez as someone who is gonna have to adjust.

Yep. I also think this will help Patrick Sandoval as he seems to be much better when he's working quickly. 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

I think it will help Ohtani when he is hitting. Pitcher just can't keep holding ball because he knows Ohtani going to hit it 450 ft

The new rules seem to be focused on adding offense in general.  I wonder which version of the baseballs we get this year.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, Erstad Grit said:

Anyone have concerns with this new rule? Ohtani seems like a very slow deliberate pitcher to me, and I could see some struggles adjusting to the clock. 

I think I'm just waiting for Spring to start. 

If there's anyone you should never have concerns about adjusting to whatever bullshit the MLB comes up with, it's Ohtani. 

Dude does whatever it takes.

Why they haven't signed him through his career for $500 Mill is beyond me. If you want to win, you already have Trout, you sign Ohtani.