• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Arte must be just shaking his head.

What else could he be doing? He brought in a new GM, he spent millions to bring in new star players, he spent millions to get rid of some players. He must be extremely disappointed with the teams net results dispite all of his efforts. The GM, Manager and players have collectively let all of the fans down including Arte Moreno. I seriously doubt that Arte will commit any additional funding to this current roster anytime soon. This winter Jerry Dipoto is going to have to get very creative if he plans on staying here beyond 2014.

Not necessarily. If you recall just a few years ago, Yankees GM Brian Cashman was strongly against the signing of Rafael Soriano. The Steinbrenner brothers didn't care. They pretty much overruled him and gave Soriano a ridiculous contract.

Sometimes, the GM has no say in it. I can easily see Arte wanting to one-up the Dodgers and Rangers by signing Hamilton.

Oh no doubt, I do think the Pujols signing was 99% Arte's decision though. I don't think the best scouts in the world could have seen Albert decline this quickly.

He had a lengthy injury history (foot and elbow) that was cause for concern. If it wasn't for his foot I have no doubt he would still be a .900 OPS player.

Both Arte and Jerry are at fault for this mess. Arte really ****ed up by signing two declining stars to some of the worst contracts ever. Jerry is just a flat out dumbass who signed Blanton for $14M and put together a rotation of number 5's, not to mention gave away one of the top shortstops in the game for half of a season of Greinke. I hate them both & this team

I think Arte who was acused of being cheap had good intentions and tried to bring this franchise to a new level. A Yankees level. But trying to play Steinbrenner overnight has backfired. I'm sure that at the time, the Teixeira deal really got under his skin. I think Arte has learned a huge lesson about players. He will probably just set a budget for Dipoto to stick with and let him handle it. Arte will go back to handle the business side of the Angels. He wants to work with Anaheim to develop the area around the stadium and rehab the Big A. If Dipoto can't fix the mess he will just be let go.

Exactly Claude, when you are looking to sign the best players, you need to see a) if their production is starting to decline, B) how old they are, c) how many years their bodies have gone through the every day pounding, d) what do other teams think of those players, and e) how they fit into the team's philosophy.

It's not an overnight process, but Arte/JeDi have seemingly tried to make it into one.

He had a lengthy injury history (foot and elbow) that was cause for concern. If it wasn't for his foot I have no doubt he would still be a .900 OPS player.

I thought these injuries would be flaring up a few years from now, not in year 2. I had no doubt this deal would suck but I thought his up front production would help this win at least 1 title.