• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani (2018) pitching highlights

Chuck

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

I just want him to be a competent functioning front-of-the-line pitcher with good health the rest of his career.

Same here! Pitch him every 6 days, but have him hit the day before he pitches giving him more DH opportunities. Give him a day off from DH after he pitches. I want to see his bat just as much as him pitch just every 6 days.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Same here! Pitch him every 6 days, but have him hit the day before he pitches giving him more DH opportunities. Give him a day off from DH after he pitches. I want to see his bat just as much as him pitch just every 6 days.

That should give him some 110-120 DH starts.   I'm good with that, especially if he pitches at least 162 innings of excellent baseball.

The WAR could be very interesting.

He might need to watch how many splitters he throws though.   That is a pitch that can affect an arm, if thrown too often. 

Whats crazy is how ate up he got in spring training. Both pitching and with the bat.

Im in the camp that if he ever has to pick just one, i like him the pitcher more than him the hitter. Hes a great hitter. And baserunner. But hes such a freaking beast pitching.

Ive said it before, its a testament to how amazing he is that hes pushing trout for popularity among the fanbase.

I don't ever want him to pick just one.  I would like to see him hitting and pitching going forward.  He's got the potential to be a true ace on the mound.  Unless he's worse than our worst starter at some point, then keep him on the bump every six or seven days.  He's a huge asset come playoff time due to his skill set.