• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RG3

Jason

Surgeries and rehab have come a long way but there's no guarantee how quickly someone will recover or whether or not they'll be the same player.  Proving that you can still cut (ADP), have that same burst or elevate (D. Rose) are big hurdles and aside from Peterson most guys take about a year to fully recover and get back to game speed.  Peterson's a freak but he also had a much larger body of work in the NFL when coming back from his injury.  I hope RG3 can be the same player but this guy has already had multiple knee surgeries and he's only 23.  Hopefully he isn't rushed back or treated the way he was in the playoff game when everyone watching knew he wasn't right and should have been pulled. 

Because I'm a Redskin fan that has had very little to be excited about until he showed up. But yeah, orthopedic medicine has come a long way.

I wasn't calling you out specifically, sorry if you got that impression. With you being a Redskins' fan, I can understand you being nervous as that is your franchise QB right there. I was speaking specifically more so to people saying his career was over and he won't be the same.

Glad to see he's recovering quickly though, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play last year. 

Because I'm a Redskin fan that has had very little to be excited about until he showed up. But yeah, orthopedic medicine has come a long way.

Once upon a time, a torn ACL was essentially career ending. It pretty much finished Joe Namath. When he had his surgeries the knee had to be pretty much laid completely open, and recovery was lengthy and usually totally incomplete. Mickey Mantle was another player plagued by his knees that could have done who knows what with today's orthopedic techniques on his side.

I don't understand why people get in a big hoopla about knee injuries anymore. This isn't the 90's, or early 2000's. Surgery has come a long long way and so has rehab.

I think it's a substantial issue. As an Oregon fan and we would have won it all in 2007 if not for a knee injury and Dixon would have won the Heisman. DD never could quite move the same after that injury and had further knee problems. This isn't to say that he would have been a great pro but he never could make cuts the same, suffered another knee injury, and looked tentative. Obviously RGIII is on a completely different talent-level, but mobile quarterbacks need to avoid contact as much as possible. We shall see if RGIII can return to that same level, and I hope he isn't mentally affected by it.

• 4 months later...