• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dirtbags explained

Here's a pretty good article about how the Long Beach State 49'rs morphed into the "Dirtbags."  We've been Dirtbags for over 20 years now, but any press is good press...

I'm glad they interviewed Yogi! for the article.  He's a great guy, and a helluva field-ologist now.  Being called a "Dirtbag" (in a baseball conversation) 

is a badge of honor.  You can see our Major Leaguers' eyes light-up when asked about the "Dirtbag" work ethic and what it means to them.  Last year, I was thrilled to get some pictures of my North Carolina nephews' little league team... They were the "Dirtbags!"

I'm proud to be a Dirtbag alumni, and still try to play the game the right way on Sundays.

Basically the Dirtbags mantra means to me- Leave your best on the field, and take some dirt with you when you leave.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/19140/how-long-beach-state-became-dirtbags

Thanks for posting this. Good stuff. I don't browse espn much these days. I would have missed this one.

Checking in from Bluff Heights! 

Have a good weekend, thanks again.

No worries... Go to the site below for all your never wanted to know about Bags/ Big West baseball

http://bigwest.yuku.com/forums/2#.UTw7XqUfco9

I'm spittin' distance from Blair field. Anyone going to any games this season?

Every Tuesday game at least!  Some Sunday games; depending on my rec.-league schedule.  I'll usually take a Friday or Sat. off from time to time as well, depending on how the teams' doing..

...Which is not good after being swept at ASU this weekend, while being outscored 20-2...