Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

KRod v Wagner


stormngt

Recommended Posts

There is a lot of love for Wagner to get into the HOF.  However, none for KRod.

Both played 16 years.  Wagner has better ERA, ERA +, Whip, FIP.

KRod has more Saves, holds the record for most saves in a season, won a WS, and was a closer for 5 playoff teams.  A Closer does play a pivotal role in winning championship.  And it could be argued without KRod in 2002, Angels don't win the WC let alone the WS.

And i have been told many times on this board that ERA for a meaningless stat.

And for a closer, their ultimate job is to save the game and close it out.

 

Edited by stormngt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Looking over the stats, KRod numbersiare are very similiar to Joe Nathon in ERA, WHIP, ERA+ and FIP.  

Nathon is already in the hall.  Why doesnt KRod get more love?

Joe Nathan is not in the Hall of Fame.  Last year was his first year of eligibility and he was named on only 4.3% of the ballots, which means he has been removed from further voting consideration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I am willing to bet there are a lot more HOF members who have hit their wives.  I am sure just over 50% of the ones who played in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 70s have hit their wives.

You asked why he gets no "love" and I think that is why.I get what you're saying but I think we look at DV a little different than 50 years ago. He beat up the father of his girlfriend and punched and kicked the mother of his child.How many of those older players were arrested?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, m0nkey said:

And strikeouts, and K/9, H/9, BB/9.  


But other than that

So those stats are more important than actually closing out games.  For a closer the object of the game is to not let the opponent tie the game or win the game.

So i really do not care if he gets all strikouts or closes it with a DP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

You asked why he gets no "love" and I think that is why.I get what you're saying but I think we look at DV a little different than 50 years ago. He beat up the father of his girlfriend and punched and kicked the mother of his child.How many of those older players were arrested?

Like you said, they looked at things differently 50 years ago.  Hell just by watching Hollywood movies  of those times, its no wonder why domestic violence was so common.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, stormngt said:

So those stats are more important than actually closing out games.  For a closer the object of the game is to not let the opponent tie the game or win the game.

So i really do not care if he gets all strikouts or closes it with a DP.

Billy Wagner had a higher save % (69 blown saves, 85.9%) than Rodriguez (76 blown saves, 85.2%)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Billy Wagner had a higher save % (69 blown saves, 85.9%) than Rodriguez (76 blown saves, 85.2%)

I do believe save conversion rate is a good stat for closers.  However the difference was 7 blown saves.  About one every two years played.  There isnt much difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...