• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Build A Dominant Bullpen

Angelfann9961

Angels have fixed it take 70 million to work with. I’m ok with them throwing out the current lineup if we can grab a good starter to round out the group ($20 mil) and then focus the rest of the money ($50 mil) to build a dominant bullpen. What we have so far is not the answer and Estevez is more of an 8 TB inning guy to me. How many leads have we blown over the last few years when our starters do a decent job and the pen just falls apart.  I think this has always been a weakness for us and have never understood why this has never been addressed.  Money is there, I say do it. 

Well, the main issue is Perry has to set the line.

We either shorten the game.

Or

We lengthen the Starters.

Until, there is a finalized decision we will still be floundering.

I'm good with either, just make a damn decision. Have a plan and set to it. The games then become fluid and expectations need to be met or there will be a need to hold people accountable for their failures and meh.

Over the last 6 years there was too much accommodation and not enough accountability until the season had been lost. Then just use the DFA, flat out release or trades. To cleanse.

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Defense is often forgotten in topics like this. Giving away outs can decimate a pitching staff, especially if the pitchers aren't strike out guys. 

Hopefully, due to the over-shift being outlawed...Some of that will be mitigated as the young pitchers mature and start to be more consistent within the strikezone.

11 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Defense is often forgotten in topics like this. Giving away outs can decimate a pitching staff, especially if the pitchers aren't strike out guys. 

Our defense has been a joke the last several years particularly third base. Chapman and build the bullpen. Grab Waca or similar solid three.

2002 team won with this philosophy.

8 minutes ago, Dgar24 said:

Our defense has been a joke the last several years particularly third base. Chapman and build the bullpen. Grab Waca or similar solid three.

2002 team won with this philosophy.

Despite some of his bad offensive number I really like him and he's elite on defense. Neto would benefit. It would be a major statement about Rendon though.