• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Make that 4 wide open nets.  2 on the odd man rush, and 2 on the PP.  

On the bright side, at least we aren't the Kings.  7-0 against the Sabres, on 24 shots.  

Well, at least that wasn't a wide open net.  Only a 2-0 odd man rush.  Pathetic.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

This team really really needs to hire a big time offensive minded assistant coach.  

I think this is the last year Verbeek doesn't push to win more. At some point he has to replace an assistant coach if things don't improve.

27 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I think this is the last year Verbeek doesn't push to win more. At some point he has to replace an assistant coach if things don't improve.

Looking at the assistants.  Brown is from the previous regimes.  Thompson is in his first year.  But looks like he was more of a development type coach.  And was a defenseman in his playing games.  Johnson is in his second year with the Ducks.  Johnson is in his second year.  Looking at his resume, he looks to have more experience in the lower levels, with only 2 seasons as assistant at the reign.  He was also a development coach and scout. 

So really, can see all 3 of the assistants replaced this offseason with more experienced non developmental coaches. 

Think Lacombe is on the trade block?  You look at the LD's.  Mintyukov is going nowhere.  Just in the few games, there is something special with Zellweger.  And between Lacombe and Vakannainen, Vakanainen has shown to be much more defensively adept.  To the point that Urho is used as a shutdown to the other teams best players.  That really leaves Lacombe as a roamer, and if the right deal comes along, I think Beeker will be looking to move him.  On RD, you have Gudas who is going nowhere.  Luneau looked good, before his knee thingy.  Helleson is now 22 at the Gulls.  Lindstrom just seems like a Beeker guy being big, and he's pretty under the radar.  Which means he doesn't make many mistakes and just goes about his defensive duties.  If anything I can see Beeker looking for a big RD prospect, either via trade or in the draft. 

I've read that this draft is good for defense. I don't know if the top ones are L or R.

I would think that even up we would take a D guy. Definitely don't need another center. 

I wonder what the possibility of trading our pick for a younger established right D would be if we can't get the guy we want. 

10 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I've read that this draft is good for defense. I don't know if the top ones are L or R.

I would think that even up we would take a D guy. Definitely don't need another center. 

I wonder what the possibility of trading our pick for a younger established right D would be if we can't get the guy we want. 

Looking at the mock drafts. Yes dmen and an rd at the top.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2829826

One thing I've noticed about Lindstrom.  He's paired with Gudas.  And when Gudas or anyone has the puck in the D zone and is about to go out.  He stays home and doesn't jump the zone like the other defenders do.  It makes the defender with the puck, in this case Gudas, have to move the puck up the ice, which he didn't.  But I think it's something this team needs.  A guy that thinks D first.  Probably a reason why Gus' +/- is in the plus range, even though he doesn't score much.  And considering how many outnumbered attacks that we faced last game, D first is a good thing.

Edited by gotbeer

Lindstrom = place holder.

I think the guy is just a filler. Probably for just this season. Next year there. Has to be a spot for  Zellweger. Luneau probably too.

There's just no room for the guy - or any guy unless they are an upgrade over our top 4 , are 25-28, and are ,what, 6'2".