• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

When you can't beat the worst team in the league, you are the worst team in the league.

NO way anybody wants gibswim now. They could probably get blackwood for a fraction of the cost. The Ducks should alternate goalie starts every game.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

When you can't beat the worst team in the league, you are the worst team in the league.

NO way anybody wants gibswim now. They could probably get blackwood for a fraction of the cost. The Ducks should alternate goalie starts every game.

Big mistake playing him 3 in a row.

7 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Looks like we ... Well did we lose or did we win by losing?

If Henrique is moved, I wouldn't mind replacing him with Hertl if they would take back some of his contact. Maybe give them Lindy and  take on $7M/yr of his contract.

I don't think he would be a fit. He has 6 years $8.1 million on his contract. 30 years old. And a center. And he's about a 60 point a season scorer. We need scoring wingers. He's pretty much another Killorn.

Pure speculation rumor mongering, who shot JFK time.

The rumor is that Z is available.  So let's just say that a young gun is available.  The theory is, that we have too many centermen, and we need to move one.  So let's look at the list, and keep emotion out of it.  Not even going to include Gauthier, as he's more than likely going to the wing.

Carlsson.  Definitely not moving, and he has shown that he can be a #1 center.  16 pts/26 games.  faceoff needs work at 33%, but that just needs work.  Great footwork, and shows that he can skate out of the zone.  Corsi and Fenwick 58%.  8 penalty minutes.  But a -7 on the +/- that needs work. 

Lundestrom.  Slotted at #3 center.  1 point in 9 games back.  26 penalty minutes in 226 total games played.  Face off 50% this season.  45% for the career.  Surprisingly, Corsi and Fenwick are low at 44%, and 40% for a career.  He can skate the puck out, and has deceptive acceleration.  Most of his starts come out of the D zone, as he's 56% this season and 62% for a career.  Numbers would probably be better if stonehands wasn't always his linemate.  +/- of a +1, and a career of a -27.  24 YO. 

Zegras.  The guy in the rumor mill.  He can skate and handle the puck with ease.  7 points in 20 games, after 65 and 61 points.  24 penalty minutes, with a career 174.  Which is really high, and he needs to really work on.  +/- of -5 this season.  He's been in the low -20's the previous two seasons.  Here's where it gets interesting.  Corsi and Fenwick has been north of 50% every season he's been in the league.  For someone that's "defensive lax", he holds onto the puck really well. 

McTavish.  Well, here is where my conspiracy theory starts.  Skating.  He's pretty bad at it.  He'll trip over his shadow.  He goes down more than Victors Mom.  And he doesn't have speed as opposing players will skate by him, as he trips over himself or takes a penalty.  28 points in 38 games, but 16 of those points happened in the first 15 games.  +/- -21 in 38 games this season.  42 penalty minutes in 38 games.  Just like Z, really high.  Face off % 54%, which is up there on team lead.  Corsi and Fenwick, right around 50%. 

So my conspiracy theory is this.  People say that the Ducks need to trade a center.  What if the center that is traded is McTavish and not Zegras?  Looking at it.  Skating and shooting.  Definitely Zegras has the advantage.  Passing.  Zegras.  Penalties, I would say Zegras.  Both take too many penalties.  But Zegras is more grow up and let it go penalties.  McTavish are a lot of in play, can't keep up with the play so take a hook or a slash.  Zegras's penalties you can correct.  I don't know if you can for McTavish.  +/-  McTavish is scoring, but has a huge +/- still.  Zegras is also high, but not that high.  Ceiling.  Beginning of the season, McTavish looked sky high.  But that really might have been because Strome and Vatrano were playing out of their minds.  McTavish looks like a 40-60 point a season type player.  Where Z still looks like he hasn't reached his ceiling yet.  This season seems more the outlier.  Also, with Z, you could slot him center or wing.  McTavish, not so much.  So if, and that's a big if, you were going to trade someone.  Maybe it's McTavish that we should be looking at trading while his perception is still sky high.  Remember also, people say Z is available, because he isn't a Beeker draft pick.  well, McTavish also wasn't a Beeker draft pick. 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Pure speculation rumor mongering, who shot JFK time.

The rumor is that Z is available.  So let's just say that a young gun is available.  The theory is, that we have too many centermen, and we need to move one.  So let's look at the list, and keep emotion out of it.  Not even going to include Gauthier, as he's more than likely going to the wing.

Carlsson.  Definitely not moving, and he has shown that he can be a #1 center.  16 pts/26 games.  faceoff needs work at 33%, but that just needs work.  Great footwork, and shows that he can skate out of the zone.  Corsi and Fenwick 58%.  8 penalty minutes.  But a -7 on the +/- that needs work. 

Lundestrom.  Slotted at #3 center.  1 point in 9 games back.  26 penalty minutes in 226 total games played.  Face off 50% this season.  45% for the career.  Surprisingly, Corsi and Fenwick are low at 44%, and 40% for a career.  He can skate the puck out, and has deceptive acceleration.  Most of his starts come out of the D zone, as he's 56% this season and 62% for a career.  Numbers would probably be better if stonehands wasn't always his linemate.  +/- of a +1, and a career of a -27.  24 YO. 

Zegras.  The guy in the rumor mill.  He can skate and handle the puck with ease.  7 points in 20 games, after 65 and 61 points.  24 penalty minutes, with a career 174.  Which is really high, and he needs to really work on.  +/- of -5 this season.  He's been in the low -20's the previous two seasons.  Here's where it gets interesting.  Corsi and Fenwick has been north of 50% every season he's been in the league.  For someone that's "defensive lax", he holds onto the puck really well. 

McTavish.  Well, here is where my conspiracy theory starts.  Skating.  He's pretty bad at it.  He'll trip over his shadow.  He goes down more than Victors Mom.  And he doesn't have speed as opposing players will skate by him, as he trips over himself or takes a penalty.  28 points in 38 games, but 16 of those points happened in the first 15 games.  +/- -21 in 38 games this season.  42 penalty minutes in 38 games.  Just like Z, really high.  Face off % 54%, which is up there on team lead.  Corsi and Fenwick, right around 50%. 

So my conspiracy theory is this.  People say that the Ducks need to trade a center.  What if the center that is traded is McTavish and not Zegras?  Looking at it.  Skating and shooting.  Definitely Zegras has the advantage.  Passing.  Zegras.  Penalties, I would say Zegras.  Both take too many penalties.  But Zegras is more grow up and let it go penalties.  McTavish are a lot of in play, can't keep up with the play so take a hook or a slash.  Zegras's penalties you can correct.  I don't know if you can for McTavish.  +/-  McTavish is scoring, but has a huge +/- still.  Zegras is also high, but not that high.  Ceiling.  Beginning of the season, McTavish looked sky high.  But that really might have been because Strome and Vatrano were playing out of their minds.  McTavish looks like a 40-60 point a season type player.  Where Z still looks like he hasn't reached his ceiling yet.  This season seems more the outlier.  Also, with Z, you could slot him center or wing.  McTavish, not so much.  So if, and that's a big if, you were going to trade someone.  Maybe it's McTavish that we should be looking at trading while his perception is still sky high.  Remember also, people say Z is available, because he isn't a Beeker draft pick.  well, McTavish also wasn't a Beeker draft pick. 

I think there's room (and need) on the team for both. Carlsson and McTavish are centers because the way they pass and drive offense, it's the best place for them. Terry and Gauthier are wingers because that's where their skill set is the most valuable. That leaves Zegras with being both. Because in hockey you need one high quality player to be able to do both (Z takes Henrique's place).

A winning team in the NHL needs 5 high quality forwards and 2 high quality d men. The way I see it, Carlsson, McTavish, Terry, Zegras and Gauthier are our 5 forwards and Miny is one of our d men. The other d man should come in this year's draft. There's no reason to trade anyone unless you get someone to fill one of the 7 spots. Drysdale for Gauthier was trading up a guy in one spot for another.

So, unless a deal comes up that gets us a better center than McT or a better combo than Z or the vacant d spot (which happens if we win the lottery and land Celebrate-good-times), none of those guys gets traded.

At least, that's the way I see Verbeek seeing it.

@deepdrive  I agree that where we draft this year may have a lot to do with it.  If we Celebre-te than a whole lot of options are open.  And we really don't need to make a decision for at least 2 more years in any case.  Unless of course, we get an offer that is hard to pass up, like in Drysdale's case.  Then again, if we Celebre-te, he is only 5'11".  And you know how Beeker is. 

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  I agree that where we draft this year may have a lot to do with it.  If we Celebre-te than a whole lot of options are open.  And we really don't need to make a decision for at least 2 more years in any case.  Unless of course, we get an offer that is hard to pass up, like in Drysdale's case.  Then again, if we Celebre-te, he is only 5'11".  And you know how Beeker is. 

Yeah, Verbeek is hard on the size factor, but not exclusionary. He signed Vatrano and he still has Zellweger. I think he would be okay with a 5'11" Celebrini if he played tough for his size (like Vatrano).

I don't see a Verbeek team with more than maybe one d guy and maybe 1 or 2 (max) forwards. The forwards would have to be wingers unless by some freak occurrence a bottom 6 center worked out.

Just the vibe I get from what I've seen and know of the guy.