• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rockies (3/22/23): Detmers on the mound

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you think since Walsh has seen a bunch of time in the OF this spring that they could go with Jake Lamb over Brett Phillips for that final roster spot? I think Lamb can play a corner OF spot as well. 

I don’t think so, but the same thought has crossed my mind.

Lamb has played some OF, but the fact that he hasn’t played a single inning there this Spring likely tells you they don’t view hin as an option there.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

I don’t think so, but the same thought has crossed my mind.

Lamb has played some OF, but the fact that he hasn’t played a single inning there this Spring likely tells you they don’t view hin as an option there.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing a place on the roster for Lamb, regardless of how good he's been this spring.  I know Nevin has talked about picking the "best guys," etc. regardless of contract situation and all that...But Lamb has been SO BAD over the last few years that I'd be leery of letting a hot spring offset recent years.  I understand he was hurt, but still...

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers, Anderson could be the best group of 4 pitchers on any roster. 

Hoping Suarez can carry over his 2nd half breakout into the season as well. He's had 2 straight seasons where he struggled to open the year and then pitched a lot better in the 2nd half. Needs to put a full season together now

Also like what I've seen from Canning this spring. Probably see both him and Davidson get a handful of starts as the 6th SP over the course of the year