• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best in the game right now?

https://www.mlb.com/news/byron-buxton-best-player-in-mlb-right-now

the annual story where the media looks for a player that has overtaken trout as best in the game. 
.365 and a 1.284 OPS isn’t enough lol 

I think the list includes Andrew Mccutchen, Bryce Harper, Yasiel Puig, Aaron Judge, Mookie Betts, Juan Soto, and now Byron Buxton. 

Castrovince: All we've done for the last decade is compare other players to Mike Trout. And the person we're comparing him to changes all the time.

Feinsand: Great point, Castro. When the annual exercise is “Has (fill in the blank) overtaken Mike Trout as the game’s best player?” it probably means that Trout is still the best player.

This is what Angels fans have known since Trout was a rookie. 

Trout is a first ballot HOf'er and still the best pure hitter in the game, I have no doubt about that. And that is proven by how everyone is constantly trying to compare other players to him. Same in other major sports also. May be stretching it a bit, but I think jealousy plays a part in too because some of these writers don't have Mike on their team.