• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

March Madness thread

1 hour ago, Lou said:

(15)Oral Roberts beats (2)Ohio State in OT.

Sorry, @Tank.

i didn't realize that being ranked #2 meant you would be going home on day 2 of the tournament.

oh well, time to start looking forward to football season.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

i didn't realize that being ranked #2 meant you would be going home on day 2 of the tournament.

oh well, time to start looking forward to football season.

You really are a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I didn't know that. Texas Southern had won 15 of their last 16 games, but obviously they were not in the same class as the Wolverines.

They were upset winners of the SWAC, a conference with a bunch of crappy teams. 

Ducks advance without playing.

“The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee has declared the VCU-Oregon game scheduled for Saturday night at Indiana Farmers Coliseum a no-contest because of COVID-19 protocols," the NCAA said in a statement. "This decision was made in consultation with the Marion County Public Health Department. As a result, Oregon will advance to the next round of the tournament. The NCAA and the committee regret that VCU’s student-athletes and coaching staff will not be able to play in a tournament in which they earned the right to participate. Because of privacy issues we cannot provide further details"

On 3/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, Lou said:

Oregon State gets their first tourney win in 39 years.

Rutgers gets their first tourney win in 38 years.

North Texas State gets their first tourney win ever. 

Madness.

Oral Roberts' victory over Ohio State was their first tournament win since 1974.

Facing #15 instead of #2 in the second round has done nothing to diminish the spirit on the campus of the University of Florida, however. Makes us alumni swell with pride.

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'WE WANT ORAL ROBERTS'

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Pac-12 is 5-0.(not including Oregon).

They had 4 wins in the last 2 tournaments combined.

I didn't see this playing out with all the covid restrictions out west. The ACC  and Duke have been a fucking disgrace.  Duke has become so woke they managed to play less games than the California schools. 

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I didn't see this playing out with all the covid restrictions out west. The ACC  and Duke have been a fucking disgrace.  Duke has become so woke they managed to play less games than the California schools. 

That's because Coach K is a quitter. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

Loyola Chicago is at it again. Just knocked off 1-seed Illinois.

They have a nun for a chaplain. She gave the team a scouting report disguised as a prayer before the game. Oh, and Sister Jean is 101 years old.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sister-jean-gave-loyola-scouting-report-disguised-as-a-prayer-before-illinois-upset-193905931.html

21 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Oral Roberts' victory over Ohio State was their first tournament win since 1974.

Facing #15 instead of #2 in the second round has done nothing to diminish the spirit on the campus of the University of Florida, however. Makes us alumni swell with pride.

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'WE WANT ORAL ROBERTS'

No, you don't.