• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Jonathan Lucroy expected to miss three weeks after nasal procedure

ANAHEIM – Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy will undergo a closed reduction procedure on his fractured nose Tuesday. Lucroy said he was told the non-invasive procedure will last 30 minutes, and he will need to wear a “butterfly wing”-shaped cast for 3 to 7 days afterward.

“Once it starts to get in place, if there’s no bleeding or anything I should be able to start some activities” once the cast is removed, Lucroy said.

Lucroy said this was his fourth nasal fracture. Manager Brad Ausmus anticipates the 33-year-old catcher will need three weeks from the time of his procedure before he can return.

Sunday, in the Angels’ final game before the All-Star break, Lucroy was on the receiving end of a home plate collision with the Houston Astros’ Jake Marisnick. He was diagnosed with a concussion and a broken nose. Friday, he said his concussion symptoms have subsided to the point where he feels well.

How does his nose feel?

“It’s a little stuffed up,” Lucroy said. “I feel like I have a cold. But it’s not too bad. I can sleep and breathe. It just feels like I have a cold.”

Lucroy is hitting .237 with seven home runs and 30 RBIs in 73 games this season.

Marisnick and the Astros visit Anaheim for a four-game series beginning Monday. Marisnick was suspended two games by Major League Baseball, but he appealed the suspension and has been allowed to play in the meantime.

INJURY UPDATES

Brian Goodwin took batting practice on the field for the first time since he was placed on the injured list with a right wrist contusion.

“There will probably be a decision on him soon,” Ausmus said.

Sunday, Goodwin missed his eighth game since he sustained the injury. Ausmus does not anticipate the 28-year-old outfielder will need a minor league rehabilitation assignment.

Keynan Middleton will make his next minor league rehabilitation appearance Monday with Triple-A Salt Lake, a home game for the bees. The right-hander has made three appearances since he was cleared to pitch following Tommy John surgery last year. He has yet to allow a run.

Right-hander JC Ramirez, who is also rehabbing his way back from Tommy John surgery, has a 7.91 earned-run average in eight minor league games. He allowed seven runs in five innings in his most recent appearance Thursday with Salt Lake. However, Ausmus said Ramirez is healthy.

“I think generally speaking he’s felt good,” Ausmus said. “I think we just want to make sure he’s ready. I’m sure he wants to be pitching here immediately but we want to be comfortable as well that he’s ready to contribute and help us win. He’s really pretty much with every rehab start, both that night and the next day, he’s said he’s felt really good.”

MAKEUP DATE ANNOUNCED

The July 1 game in Arlington, Texas that was postponed hours after the death of Tyler Skaggs will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Aug. 20, the Rangers announced.

The makeup game is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. Pacific Time. The regularly scheduled game between the Rangers and Angels will start at the listed time of 5 p.m.

The Tuesday games will fall in the middle of a three-day series against the Rangers. The Angels have a scheduled day off Thursday, Aug. 22, before heading to Houston for a three-game series beginning Friday, Aug. 23. The Rangers weren’t available to make up the game Aug. 22. They begin a four-game series in Chicago against the White Sox that day.

UP NEXT

Angels (RHP Griffin Canning) vs. Astros (LHP Framber Valdez), Monday, 7 p.m., Fox Sports West, 830-AM

View the full article