• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Parker Bridwell grinds through his second outing against Orioles

BALTIMORE — Parker Bridwell’s second outing against his former team didn’t go quite as well as the first, although it wasn’t all his fault.

Bridwell, traded by the Baltimore Orioles to the Angels for cash in April, was charged with two earned runs and four runs overall in five-plus innings against the Orioles on Sunday.

Earlier this month in Anaheim, he gave up one run in seven strong innings. He seemed to be heading for a similar outing this time, with a 4-1 lead after allowing only Chris Davis’ homer in the first five innings.

In the sixth, though, he gave up Caleb Joseph’s single off the glove of second baseman Cliff Pennington. Tim Beckham then hit a grounder to Pennington, who made an errant throw to second instead of taking the easy out at first.

Two singles later, the Orioles had pulled within 4-3 and Bridwell was pulled. The Orioles tied it after he was out of the game, so he didn’t get the victory.

“He really pitched well,” Manager Mike Scioscia said. “As the game went on, he started to lose some of the feel for his changeup. Parker did a good job and got us to a certain point in the game. Maybe if we make that play, he bends a little and doesn’t break, but holds the lead through six, which is going to be important to us.”

Bridwell said he was mostly pleased with his ability to handle a team that was seeing him for the second time in two weeks.

“You can’t pitch the same way you pitched in the first game,” he said. “A lot of stuff comes into play, but at the end of the day, I’ve got to execute my pitches. I was able to do that, and keep my team in the game.”

View the full article