• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Baseball America on Chris Ellis (California League Chat)

Chuck

Chuck (AngelsWin.com): Does Chris Ellis have the stuff to be able to stick in the Angels rotation down the road, or do you see him as a future closer type?

Jim Shonerd: People who saw him with Inland were pretty confident he’ll be a starter. Has three usable (or better) pitches. Throws strikes. Polished. Athletic. Has a pretty easy delivery and a solid frame. No real reason to think he couldn’t remain a starter.

More from another guy....

Karl of Delaware (Georgetown, Delaware): In your humble opinion which one of these prospects makes his major league debut first?

Jim Shonerd: Zack Godley. Ok, ok, I know what you meant. Of the other 19, I’d narrow it down to Newcomb, Ellis, Reed, Bregman or Brinson. From there, I’ll go Reed.

Full link: http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/california-league-top-20-prospects-chat/

Just had a brief conversation on Twitter with Wilson Karaman (Baseball Prospectus) about Ellis and he recently scouted one of his games where he didn't do particularly well. Karaman admitted that other sources indicated he caught Chris on a bad outing and I mentioned his innings pitched this year was pretty high which might be contributing to the diminishing K/9 and higher BB/9 rates. Ellis also faced AA competition so that may have added to his overall woes. Just needs more development time probably.