• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Gatto Interviews with AngelsWin.com

B9318057724Z.1_20150712191700_000_GRHBAA
Interview conducted by David Saltzer, AngelsWin.com Senior Writer

Drafted in the second round of the 2014 draft out of St. Augustine Prep in New Jersey, Joe Gatto has been a rising pitching star in the Angels organization. After gaining some professional experience in Arizona in 2014, Gatto opened the 2015 season in Orem as a 20 year-old. Although he is one of the younger players in the league, that hasn’t stop him from being named a Pioneer League All-Star. You can read about him being named to the All-Star Game here and see the box score, where he pitched a scoreless inning, here.

As a starter, Gatto throws a fastball, curve, and changeup combination. His fastball sits in the low 90s, but he can dial it up to the mid-90s when he needs to. He gets good movement on his fastball, and with his 6’3” frame, throws it with a good, downward angle. His changeup has improved this year, and is developing into a plus pitch, as is his curve. Gatto’s command this year has been impressive, with an 30:11 K:BB ratio in 39.1 IP.

Overall, Gatto has the chance to develop into a dominant starter for the Angels. He has a strong, durable frame that can rack up the innings, and the mental fortitude to battle on the mound. He throws strikes and attacks hitters. As he develops, he will become a top-end starter.

Please click here to listen to our interview with Joe Gatto.
_xroSfdsDbM

View the full article

We have some hitters in the system, and I will be posting more interviews with them. However, we have a strong crop of pitchers on the farm, and I was really impressed with what I saw from Gatto as well as how mature he was in the interview. I definitely recommend watching this interview, as he is one of many future options for our rotation.