• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alex Yarbrough

wopphil

Just a rough year offensively. Defensively he's improved to the point where evaluators think he can be a pretty decent 2B in the majors. With the bat, he's been improving since May, but much like Chris Iannetta, when you dig yourself in as big of a hole as they did, it's difficult to finish with a respectable line.

As far as who he is as a prospect, I dint think it changes, he'll be a starting caliber 2B in the majors in the next couple years. Offensively, he should meet and surpass Giavotella. The same defensively. If Sherman Johnson weren't getting on base, defending and stealing the way he has in AA, I'd call Yarbrough the 2017 2B.

At this point, it could be Giavotella, Featherston, Yarbrough, Johnson, Baldoquin or Eaves. In any case, they should be fine.

He hasn't had a month this year with an ops over .656 and he's hit .204 since July 1st.  If it were just a slow start, I could give him a pass, but guys who are supposed to have a solid hit tool and put up a year like this aren't likely going to be a starting 2b ever.  Stranger things have happened, but he's moved himself way way down the depth chart now.  

What the story with Andrew Daniel?  He's having another really nice year and we don't really talk about him.  Can he play defense at all?

He hasn't had a month this year with an ops over .656 and he's hit .204 since July 1st. If it were just a slow start, I could give him a pass, but guys who are supposed to have a solid hit tool and put up a year like this aren't likely going to be a starting 2b ever. Stranger things have happened, but he's moved himself way way down the depth chart now.

What the story with Andrew Daniel? He's having another really nice year and we don't really talk about him. Can he play defense at all?

I think Yarbrough wil be fine. He's shown himself to be too good of hitter to stay down.

Daniel can hit, but he isn't as mobile at 2B as one would hope. But that can improve.

He hasn't had a month this year with an ops over .656 and he's hit .204 since July 1st.  If it were just a slow start, I could give him a pass, but guys who are supposed to have a solid hit tool and put up a year like this aren't likely going to be a starting 2b ever.  Stranger things have happened, but he's moved himself way way down the depth chart now.  

What the story with Andrew Daniel?  He's having another really nice year and we don't really talk about him.  Can he play defense at all?

The lack of plate discipline may have finally caught up with him.  He's getting busted inside a lot and not able to fight it off or lay off it.

remember when the Angels org were purposely stifling the progression of Borenstein and Yarbrough?  That poster was one of the all time greats.

Toby!!!   ZB's brother.   Borenstein has had the bat knocked out of his hands in AAA this year.   I still remember his brother flipping his shit when Scotty or someone comped him to Nava.   He thought it was such an insult when in reality, getting comped to anyone doing well in MLB is quite the compliment.

Toby!!! ZB's brother. Borenstein has had the bat knocked out of his hands in AAA this year. I still remember his brother flipping his shit when Scotty or someone comped him to Nava. He thought it was such an insult when in reality, getting comped to anyone doing well in MLB is quite the compliment.

Yea I loved that. He was pissed about the Nava comparison and at the time Nava was batting lead off for the WS Champion Red Sox.

I just couldnt get what he was mad at -- Nava was  totally a success story and IMO, a very complimentary comp....   Its like Scotty's Smith/Saunders comp... I don't see the similarities but if all Smith did was have a career like Saunders then he won at MLB life.

Edited by Inside Pitch