• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Earth has lost 50% of its wildlife in the past 40 years

Not sure what Americans are supposed to do when all the while it's the countries around the world that are 100X worse than we are when it comes to pollution and slaughtering animals. There's no restrictions, some of these people do this to feed their families and survive. Lot's of problems, little control, few solutions.

What are we supposed to do?

Instead of just writing articles about what the problems are over and over, WWF and the Zoological Society should be coming up with realistic concrete solutions other than vague statements how "It's terrible and needs to be stopped." Haven't they learned their non-proactive methods haven't worked by now?

Not sure what Americans are supposed to do when all the while it's the countries around the world that are 100X worse than we are when it comes to pollution and slaughtering animals. There's no restrictions, some of these people do this to feed their families and survive. Lot's of problems, little control, few solutions.

What are we supposed to do?

Instead of just writing articles about what the problems are over and over, WWF and the Zoological Society should be coming up with realistic concrete solutions other than vague statements how "It's terrible

and needs to be stopped." Haven't they learned their non-proactive methods haven't worked by now?

They are doing it for us to consume.

says the guy who probably eats bengal tiger steaks and dodo bird wings for lunch three times a week. murderer!!

I wish I could eat dodo bird wings.  But they've been extinct for years.  But the California Condor wings are delicious, especially as an appetiser for California mountain lion steak with scrambled California Condor eggs.

I wish I could eat dodo bird wings.  But they've been extinct for years.  But the California Condor wings are delicious, especially as an appetiser for California mountain lion steak with scrambled California Condor eggs.

i'm so angry at you right now that i want to drive a prius to your house, tie you up with hemp rope and throw you in the back, then take you to a financially troubled recycling center in need of some bones to sell to a local JC for their anthropology dept. so they can earn extra money.

So because other countries don't, we shouldn't?

I know people that don't pay their taxes, I guess I shouldn't either.

Not what I was saying at all. In fact I think we all know this country puts forth valient effort to decrease the destruction of wildlife, and create sustainable ways to maintain our lifestyles. We're not exactly the biggest country on this planet either. Perhaps we're not the best, but we're far far far from the worst, and pointing the finger at us like we have some impact if we do everything we can to fix these issues in our country really doesn't do justice to the capacity of the problem worldwide.

America can do whatever it wants responsibly and set an example all they want, but it's a big world and that doesn't mean it's going to fix the problem on a global scale and it doesn't mean other countries will follow suit. In order for any kind of improvement, the entire world has to participate.

George Carlin: Earth has been gliding through space for millions of years, encountered long periods of geographical and climate changes, endured destruction, repaired itself, created life and caused death, and will continue to do so for millions of years after we're all gone.

The planet is fine. It's the people that are screwed.

Not what I was saying at all. In fact I think we all know this country puts forth valient effort to decrease the destruction of wildlife, and create sustainable ways to maintain our lifestyles. We're not exactly the biggest country on this planet either. Perhaps we're not the best, but we're far far far from the worst, and pointing the finger at us like we have some impact if we do everything we can to fix these issues in our country really doesn't do justice to the capacity of the problem worldwide.

America can do whatever it wants responsibly and set an example all they want, but it's a big world and that doesn't mean it's going to fix the problem on a global scale and it doesn't mean other countries will follow suit. In order for any kind of improvement, the entire world has to participate.

George Carlin: Earth has been gliding through space for millions of years, encountered long periods of geographical and climate changes, endured destruction, repaired itself, created life and caused death, and will continue to do so for millions of years after we're all gone.

The planet is fine. It's the people that are screwed.

Our planet might be able to eventually mend itself after we kill each other off, but flora and fauna that go extinct will never come back. That's a tough pill to swallow in my opinion.