• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We need Hamilton, Calhoun, and Iannetta

Chimi

This team is a joke without them. They had a good game Friday but we can't expect consistency out of this group. It's painful watching some of these guys at bats. Trout has obviously hit a slump and we can't live or die by how well he and Pujols are doing . Not to mention Conger is showing us why he's not the number one on this team and why Scioscia hasn't been so fond of him over the years.

So frustrating.

Agreed. Unfortunately injuries happen and the best teams usually deal with them well.

Dipoto's and Scioscia's idea of dealing with injuries is replacing them with awful players, apparently.

It's why I thought the injury excuse last year was bullshit.

Edited by Poozy

The Rangers have the second-best record in the league and are playing without Holland, Harrison, Beltre and Feliz.  They went without Lewis and Darvish for awhile this season, too, and without starters Profar and Soto, and won't get Soto and Profar back for quite some time.  I think we had ten guys on the DL, or something like that. Just don't get the fuss and excuses. If the Rangers can win with all of those guys on the DL, I don't see why anyone thinks the Angels can't win.  I mean Hamilton was what, a .700 OPS guy last year?  Don't see how he's going to make such a big difference. 

The Rangers have the second-best record in the league and are playing without Holland, Harrison, Beltre and Feliz.  They went without Lewis and Darvish for awhile this season, too, and without starters Profar and Soto, and won't get Soto and Profar back for quite some time.  I think we had ten guys on the DL, or something like that. Just don't get the fuss and excuses. If the Rangers can win with all of those guys on the DL, I don't see why anyone thinks the Angels can't win.  I mean Hamilton was what, a .700 OPS guy last year?  Don't see how he's going to make such a big difference. 

Feliz was sent down because he was innefective coming out of ST.  Darvish missed one start.   Profar is a sub .700 OPS hitter and someone they had time to prepare to be without him..   The Rangers had been without Lewis for two years -- they didn't lose him to any injuries they knew he wouldn't be ready and had an offseason to plan for it and to have a back up plan in case Harrison wasn't ready.  The Holland news broke in January...

Basically the Rangers had time to plan for every injury save for Beltre...  it's an apples and oranges situation.   BTW, you can talk up the record all you want, the Angels have scored more runs while allowing fewer runs.  We have been bad, you have been lucky.    The failure to add to the pen has been the early story for the Angels.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The Rangers have the second-best record in the league and are playing without Holland, Harrison, Beltre and Feliz. They went without Lewis and Darvish for awhile this season, too, and without starters Profar and Soto, and won't get Soto and Profar back for quite some time. I think we had ten guys on the DL, or something like that. Just don't get the fuss and excuses. If the Rangers can win with all of those guys on the DL, I don't see why anyone thinks the Angels can't win. I mean Hamilton was what, a .700 OPS guy last year? Don't see how he's going to make such a big difference.

Angels are using the same replacement players as the Rangers are. And who cares what Hamilton did last year. He was on a tear to start this one.

It's called superior depth.

The Rangers have the second-best record in the league and are playing without Holland, Harrison, Beltre and Feliz. They went without Lewis and Darvish for awhile this season, too, and without starters Profar and Soto, and won't get Soto and Profar back for quite some time. I think we had ten guys on the DL, or something like that. Just don't get the fuss and excuses. If the Rangers can win with all of those guys on the DL, I don't see why anyone thinks the Angels can't win. I mean Hamilton was what, a .700 OPS guy last year? Don't see how he's going to make such a big difference.

That was pathetic. Conger especially. That dude doesnt look like he takes this seriously. Reminds me of my roomate in college.

I thought your roommate in college was female?  If so it explains a lot, it was kind of a girly throw to second.

Edited by tomsred