• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Scorecard - Angels vs. Mariners (3/31/2014)

2014_GM_001.png

File Name: Gameday Scorecard - Angels vs. Mariners (3/31/2014)

File Submitter: Lou Spirito

File Submitted: 01 Apr 2014

File Category: AngelsWin Downloads

Gameday Scorecard — Angels vs Mariners — Season Opener, March 31, 2014

Click here to download this file

Oh wow! Had no idea it would create a new topic . . .

Well, as Chuck mentioned I'm going to be creating these for every game this season — at least that's the plan. A bit more useful than a standard box score since you can see the game literally unravel before your eyes.

I welcome suggestions and comments. This is a very organic project and will likely evolve during the season. And I totally understand if everyone wants to wait to relive a more enjoyable game. Last night was ugly . . .

Also, I will try to post some historic games using play by play data from Baseball Reference. If you have any specific games in mind, kindly let me know.

Thanks!

Edited by Lou Spirito

scorecard_key_sc.png

File Name: Gameday Scorecard Key

File Submitter: Lou Spirito

File Submitted: 01 Apr 2014

File Category: AngelsWin Downloads

Download this PDF if you need to interpret the markings and abbreviations on the Gameday Scorecard. It is an annotated version of the Opening Day scorecard to help bring you up to speed!

Click here to download this file

Perhaps one of the mods can merge this with the other thread?

Edited by Lou Spirito

2014_GM_001.png

After scoring two early runs with Mike Trout’s first at bat of the season — a two run homer off Seattle’s ace Felix Hernandez — the Angels ultimately faltered, losing their lead in the sixth. The Mariners would later plate six consecutive batters with two outs in the ninth, handing the Angels and their fans a bitter opening day defeat.
Click here to download the debut edition of Angels Gameday Scorecard.

If your new to scoring baseball or just need help interpreting some of the markup, download the key here

Wow. Despite the outcome last night, this scorecard is AWESOME Lou.

Thank for very much for coming on board and committing to doing these for all 162 games this season.

Hopefully you'll have some to do in October as well.

This is really cool!  I've always wanted to score games but wasn't sure I could keep up.  This helps out a lot, I will look forward to this segment on AW!

I score every game I attend. It's really not that hard to keep up if you keep it simple. My method is a hybrid of several styles I've encountered over 30 years. My mom taught me her method, then I lifted some of the bits from more complex methods.

What I love is it keeps engaged and I can see how the game develops — how runners move around the bases, momentum within an inning, etc.