• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Costa Rica

Don

I just found out on Friday that I'll be going to Costa Rica for a week (roughly the 6th-13th). Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you had ever been, and if you guys have any tips/suggestions. All I know right now is that I'm going with three other people (all adults), and that we're flying into Liberia (the good Liberia), renting a car, and will eventually end up in San Jose.

I went a few years ago.  San Jose is their capital.  Cabs are cheap.  Hotels are very expensive.  Food was good, but you almost have to know where to go.  Went for business also at the time, so didn't really do any sightseeing.  And the business associates took us out for meals.  

Also it's very humid there.  

Go to tabacon in arenal. Google it and see why.

Hike in the jungle. Go whitewater rafting.

The Guanacaste region is the least green and most touristy. For best combo of beach and jungle and tourist infrastructure I'd recommend the Manuel Antonio area. Lots of monkeys.

San Jose kinda sucks but you probably won't be spending significant time there.

Rent a car and get ready for some crappy roads.

Costa Rica is awesome. Have fun.

Thanks man. We're all still planning our itinerary, and I think we'll only be in San Jose for the last two days before we fly out of there. We've talked about seeing the volcano at Arenal or Paos, and we've also talked about spending a day or two in Puntarenas. Jungle zip lining seems to be a popular idea as well.

The town of Puntarenas is shitty. You wouldn't wanna spend any time there, unless you were taking ferry from there to Nicoya Peninsula, which is cool. My wife and I like the little town of Montezuma there.

If you are going to a volcano, go to arenal. The hot springs around there are awesome and la fortuna is a nice base. You can hike, zip line, raft, rappel, lots of things based out of there. Check out Desafio Adventure Company. I've used them multiple times and they are a top notch outfit.

Thanks for all the advice. Just had a call with my fellow travelers (I'm in Omaha, one is in Seattle, two are in San Diego), and we got a lot of stuff booked based on your advice. Two nights in La Fortuna, two nights in a condo in Jaco, and two nights in San Jose. Thanks again man. I'm really excited about this trip. Edited by Don Tomlinson

In the interest of maximizing my enjoyment of this trip, I'm on an overnight bus from Omaha to Chicago right now. Decided to get there a bit early and catch a game at Wrigley on Sunday afternoon before catching my flight out later at night. Super excited.