• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte's ballpark food prices - still pretty good

yk9001

Went to my first game this year on Saturday night.

My wife got a very large bbq hot dog outside at maybe the Clyde Wright bbq for $7.50.  It was basically two hot dogs, it was so big.

A 24 oz light beer was $9.00.  So, $4.50 for a 12 oz light beer.  If you go to a bar and order a 12 oz beer, aren't you basically going to pay around $4.50?

The best was a soft serve waffle cone - it was $5.50.  The thing was pretty damn big, and pretty damn good.

For stadium food, I thought the prices were good.

Your mileage will vary, of course.

You two must not have been around for Arte's opening press conference in 2003.

I know what he said and I do not care one bit about beer prices.

I still doubt he has much of anything to do with it. I'm sure he has to sign off on it all, but he must have better things to do than determine the cost of a hot dog and what not.

I know what he said and I do not care one bit about beer prices.

I still doubt he has much of anything to do with it. I'm sure he has to sign off on it all, but he must have better things to do than determine the cost of a hot dog and what not.

Not worth a Lifetime-like, 50 post argument about it, but the press conference beer mention, and subsequent lowering of beer prices a couple sheckles, was one of the greatest owner-marketing moves of this century, and claimed a LOT of goodwill among fans.

Just my opinion.

Went to my first game this year on Saturday night.

My wife got a very large bbq hot dog outside at maybe the Clyde Wright bbq for $7.50.  It was basically two hot dogs, it was so big.

A 24 oz light beer was $9.00.  So, $4.50 for a 12 oz light beer.  If you go to a bar and order a 12 oz beer, aren't you basically going to pay around $4.50?

The best was a soft serve waffle cone - it was $5.50.  The thing was pretty damn big, and pretty damn good.

For stadium food, I thought the prices were good.

Your mileage will vary, of course.

Large beers ($9) are 24oz.

Small ($4.50) are 16oz.

2 small beers = $9. 32oz.

I'd rather pay a little more to get some half-decent food in that place.

There's actually some pretty decent stuff, there's a salad with blue cheese crumbles/dressing, avocado, chicken, green onions, olives that's quite good.  Some of the sandwiches aren't bad either and their chips with onion dip are actually delicious (tastes like the chips are made in-house?)

There's actually some pretty decent stuff, there's a salad with blue cheese crumbles/dressing, avocado, chicken, green onions, olives that's quite good.  Some of the sandwiches aren't bad either and their chips with onion dip are actually delicious (tastes like the chips are made in-house?)

Didn't know about the salad. Where did you buy it?

Didn't know about the salad. Where did you buy it?

Uh... >_>  I'm not quite sure haha. I have a dugout suite so the food gets delivered, but it has to come from SOMEWHERE so I'm pretty sure it's available elsewhere (the food isn't different there, is it?).  There's a reasonable Ceasar salad too, though it's nothing special.  

Is this some of that "new math" business?  I like that you keep your head on a swivel for tidbits like this.

We asked how many ounces the smalls were. Only bad thing is you can only get 2 beers at a time so you're getting 2 smalls instead of 2 larges. I am not an alcoholic.