• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Harlem Globetrotters

• 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Are you really a fan tank?  I figured vegetarians were more Washington Generals types.  

i loved the globetrotters when i was a kid! we went and saw them at the forum a couple of times, and i watched them on tv whenever possible.

would i go see them now? probably not. my wife and daughter have zero interest and i don't really fancy the idea of going to see them alone.

16 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

All of the legends are gone I think.   We went a few years ago because my wife got media tickets.  Kicks you in the dick quite a bit when you realize how old you are and how vastly different the experience was when you were a kid.  They were bigger than life.  

every kid in my friend group wanted to dribble like curly neal and shoot that famous meadowlark lemon half court hook shot.

when they stopped playing, i had no interest in continuing to watch them play. it just wasn't the same, and i wanted it to stay the same forever. 

On 7/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, Tank said:

i loved the globetrotters when i was a kid! we went and saw them at the forum a couple of times, and i watched them on tv whenever possible.

would i go see them now? probably not. my wife and daughter have zero interest and i don't really fancy the idea of going to see them alone.

I still have the program from 1965 when I saw them at the Jacksonville Coliseum. It was a fun game. Not sure how interested I would be now. I don't know any of the players, and I have seen all of the gags before. It was fun when I was ten.