• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is this the 26-man roster (as of now)?

Angelsjunky

Maybe League 26-Man Roster

Catchers (2): Stassi, Suzuki

Infielders (6): Rendon, Walsh, Pujols, Fletcher, Iglesias, Rengifo (or Barreto)

Outfielders (4): Trout, Upton, Ward, Fowler

Starters (6): Bundy, Heaney, Quintana, Cobb, Canning, Ohtani

Relievers (8): Iglesias, Mayers, Barria, Buttrey, Pena, Claudio, Guerra, Rivera

AAA/Major League Depth

Catchers: Bemboom, Graterol

Infielders: Barreto (or Rengifo), Thaiss, Isabel, Wong, Rojas, Garcia

Outfielders: Adell, Marsh, Lund, Schebler

Starters: Sandoval, Suarez, Peters, Faria, Naughton, Diaz, maybe Ortega

Relievers: Bard, Quijada, Reyes, Reed, McCurry, Ryan, Biegalski

I know the Angels might not be done, but I also don't see a lot of room to make moves. Looking at the above, there are a few remaining questions:

1) Who will be the utility infielder? Rengifo or Barreto, obviously, but which one? 

2) Who will be the 4th outfielder? Schebler seems in line, but they might also sign someone and send him to AAA. Or, I suppose, they could try out Rengifo and Barreto in the outfield and if one or the other looks OK, carry both on the team.

3) 8th man in the bullpen? With the Guerra signing, Reyes is pushed to AAA as I think he still has options, while Rivera was a Rule 5 and needs to remain on the roster all season.

4) Whither Thaiss? He seems the odd-man-out again, but is due to start another year in AAA. Could be a trade candidate.

I'm also assuming that Barria makes the team over Sandoval, if only because Barria is out of options and Sandoval has 2.

And of course injuries can and will happen during Spring Training, so this is all subject to change. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

I'd hope they're not done, although they might be.

I'd think Barreto has the leg up Rengifo for the utility job since Barreto is out of options.

I think they really could go a number of ways for the 4th OF'er. Way too early to predict it, as they have lots of options. Such as moving Walsh or Fletcher to RF at times.

Same thing with the bullpen. Too early, and I'd also hope they make an addition or two.

If Thaiss hits, they'll find a place for him. Either at 1B with Walsh in RF or at 2B or LF.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:37 AM, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe League 26-Man Roster

Catchers (2): Stassi, Suzuki

Infielders (6): Rendon, Walsh, Pujols, Fletcher, Iglesias, Rengifo (or Barreto)

Outfielders (4): Trout, Upton, Ward, Fowler

Starters (6): Bundy, Heaney, Quintana, Cobb, Canning, Ohtani

Relievers (8): Iglesias, Mayers, Barria, Buttrey, Pena, Claudio, Guerra, Rivera

AAA/Major League Depth

Catchers: Bemboom, Graterol

Infielders: Barreto (or Rengifo), Thaiss, Isabel, Wong, Rojas, Garcia

Outfielders: Adell, Marsh, Lund, Schebler

Starters: Sandoval, Suarez, Peters, Faria, Naughton, Diaz, maybe Ortega

Relievers: Bard, Quijada, Reyes, Reed, McCurry, Ryan, Biegalski

I know the Angels might not be done, but I also don't see a lot of room to make moves. Looking at the above, there are a few remaining questions:

1) Who will be the utility infielder? Rengifo or Barreto, obviously, but which one? 

2) Who will be the 4th outfielder? Schebler seems in line, but they might also sign someone and send him to AAA. Or, I suppose, they could try out Rengifo and Barreto in the outfield and if one or the other looks OK, carry both on the team.

3) 8th man in the bullpen? With the Guerra signing, Reyes is pushed to AAA as I think he still has options, while Rivera was a Rule 5 and needs to remain on the roster all season.

4) Whither Thaiss? He seems the odd-man-out again, but is due to start another year in AAA. Could be a trade candidate.

I'm also assuming that Barria makes the team over Sandoval, if only because Barria is out of options and Sandoval has 2.

And of course injuries can and will happen during Spring Training, so this is all subject to change. 

What about Ward?  He was solid last year.

Question: Do we get to carry an extra player this season because Ohtani could be classified as a two way player? If so, the Angels could keep one of Adell or Marsh on the roster and allow them take turns rotating back and forth between AAA and Anaheim. This would gradually give them both a chance to get some MLB playing time.