• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Very thorough review of the HTC One

nate

A good review, but the BGR reporter couldn't resist plugging the iPhone and the Apple ecosystem.  The Apple Fanboy couldn't be restrained.  

The aluminum casing is a nice feature, but how many (or how few) people use their phone naked?  I notice most users have a case protecting their phones, whether it's a simple TPU to a behemoth multi hard casing shell.  

HTC would be wise to have an unlocked bootloader so the phone can be rooted easier. 

My guess is a lot of android fans will sit on the sidelines and wait for the SGS 4 to be released.  If this is the case, the HTC One (just like the EVO 4G LTE) will have soft demand on Craigslist, thus I'll be able to lowball a good price for a used.one.  

I have the EVO and it is the best phone I have ever had.  That being said, I am thinking of ditching it in 22days when I am due for an upgrade for the iPhone 5.

Here's the deal with the htc EVO - bloatware and LOTS of it.  It only has 500MB which is nothing for a phone already.  Over 100Mb is dedicated to crap apps that never in my wildest dream would I use on my phone (ie; Nascar, Kindle, Sprint Football live, Blockbuster, Nova, etc)  I am constantly having to deinstall apps just to reinstall the updates.  As far a battery goes for it - juice defender works great and I just recharge every night.

A good review, but the BGR reporter couldn't resist plugging the iPhone and the Apple ecosystem.  The Apple Fanboy couldn't be restrained.  

The aluminum casing is a nice feature, but how many (or how few) people use their phone naked?  I notice most users have a case protecting their phones, whether it's a simple TPU to a behemoth multi hard casing shell.  

HTC would be wise to have an unlocked bootloader so the phone can be rooted easier. 

My guess is a lot of android fans will sit on the sidelines and wait for the SGS 4 to be released.  If this is the case, the HTC One (just like the EVO 4G LTE) will have soft demand on Craigslist, thus I'll be able to lowball a good price for a used.one.  

What he said about the app ecosystem is true and widely admitted by Android people.  So I believe you would be the fanboy.

Unlocking a bootloader is so simple I doubt it really matters.  xda-developers will have a ton of mods for it within a month of release I bet.

I have the EVO and it is the best phone I have ever had.  That being said, I am thinking of ditching it in 22days when I am due for an upgrade for the iPhone 5.

Here's the deal with the htc EVO - bloatware and LOTS of it.  It only has 500MB which is nothing for a phone already.  Over 100Mb is dedicated to crap apps that never in my wildest dream would I use on my phone (ie; Nascar, Kindle, Sprint Football live, Blockbuster, Nova, etc)  I am constantly having to deinstall apps just to reinstall the updates.  As far a battery goes for it - juice defender works great and I just recharge every night.

Ever consider getting the Nexus?

What he said about the app ecosystem is true and widely admitted by Android people.  So I believe you would be the fanboy.

Unlocking a bootloader is so simple I doubt it really matters.  xda-developers will have a ton of mods for it within a month of release I bet.

It took over a year for someone to unlock the bootloader on Motorola's Razr HD Maxx. 

I use my Galaxy S3 with no case pretty much Monday through Friday then put a case on during the weekend. If it's a good looking phone......show it off.(IMO)

It seems like none of these smart phone reviews ever have anything to say about the actual phone function.

How good is the sound clarity both send and receive?

Is the speaker for the speaker phone function loud enough and clear enough to be heard?

How easy is it to simply make a call and when you have it pressed to your face does it think you want to activate a dozen different functions you can't see going on or are you better off finding a pay phone?

It covered the fact that the call sound was better than most, same with speaker phone.  It doesn't cover how to make a call on it because it is Android, it is the same on all Android devices for the most part.

As for the face activating a bunch of functions, the modern smart phones have technology that recognize they are pressed up against the head and disable the touch screen.