• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question about iTunes

Vegas Halo Fan

I am having a technical issue with iTunes.Whenever I load the program I get the following message:

The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes.

I am running the most current version of iTunes on a PC running Windows 7. I have not installed any CD burning software. Reinstalling iTunes does not fix the problem. The suggested registry edit on the Apple website completely disables my CD/DVD drive, to the point that the computer doesn't even recognize that I have one (I reverted back to reenable it). I posed this question to Apple and they have never responded. And ideas?

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I am having a technical issue with iTunes.Whenever I load the program I get the following message:

The registry settings used by the iTunes rivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes.

I am running the most current version of iTunes on a PC running Windows 7. I have not installed any CD burning software. Reinstalling iTunes does not fix the problem. The suggested registry edit on the Apple website completely disables my CD/DVD drive, to the point that the computer doesn't even recognize that I have one (I reverted back to reenable it). I posed this question to Apple and they have never responded. And ideas?

Have you tried blowing on the CD? If that doesn't work, spit on it, and rub it on your shirt. 

No idea. I sometimes plug my iPhone into my computer to recharge it while I'm online. This causes iTunes to load and synchronize the phone and brings me the inevitable error message. Apple's website offers a solution that includes editing an entry in the registry. It solves the iTunes issue but causes the issues with my CD-ROM/DVD drive that I mentioned above. It's as if I don't even have the drive once this edit is done, which is strange. On the surface it doesn't appear that it should make any difference along those lines, but in my case it does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Windows is on automatic update, and it is always installing new stuff. I can't imagine that it's missing anything.

I have never had the experience before of using a tech support article that makes the problem worse. I have tried some that didn't work, but this one disables part of my computer - the part that it is supposedly providing drivers for.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan