• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Year 2023 -- 30th Anniversary of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Team.

The Franchise was started 30 years ago in Anaheim, California; by Walt Disney and Company. The team was called the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, named after the Walt Disney Movie, "Mighty Ducks," about Peewee Hockey. A few years later, Disney also bought The Angels Baseball Team. A few years after Y2K, Disney decided to sell both of its sports franchises. In 2005, Disney sold the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim to Henry and Susan Samueli. The Ducks remained an Anaheim Team to this very day, but he did rename them "The Anaheim Ducks." Anaheim won the Stanley Cup in 2007, and though it was only in existence half as long as The Angels, The Ducks have made it to the Play-offs a lot more than The Angels. A few years ago, I wrote a short history book about The Anaheim Ducks. it was about this time, the team went into a rather long slump, and they have not made the NHL Playoffs for 5 seasons. The current concern would be that with The Anaheim Duck's long slump, the Samuelis could sell the team, unless the team could start to turn things around next season.

quack attack.png

• W.E. Baxter Author changed the title to Year 2023 -- 30th Anniversary of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Team.
1 hour ago, W.E. Baxter Author said:
The Franchise was started 30 years ago in Anaheim, California; by Walt Disney and Company. The team was called the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, named after the Walt Disney Movie, "Mighty Ducks," about Peewee Hockey. A few years later, Disney also bought The Angels Baseball Team. A few years after Y2K, Disney decided to sell both of its sports franchises. In 2005, Disney sold the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim to Henry and Susan Samueli. The Ducks remained an Anaheim Team to this very day, but he did rename them "The Anaheim Ducks." Anaheim won the Stanley Cup in 2007, and though it was only in existence half as long as The Angels, The Ducks have made it to the Play-offs a lot more than The Angels. A few years ago, I wrote a short history book about The Anaheim Ducks. it was about this time, the team went into a rather long slump, and they have not made the NHL Playoffs for 5 seasons. The current concern would be that with The Anaheim Duck's long slump, the Samuelis could sell the team, unless the team could start to turn things around next season.

quack attack.png

I don't think the Samuelis have any interest in selling. They are entering the process of building out the site as an entertainment area. This should keep them there for 5-7 years. Also, their daughter runs their AHL affiliate in San Diego. It looks like she is in training to run the organization after her parents.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't?

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't think the Samuelis have any interest in selling. They are entering the process of building out the site as an entertainment area. This should keep them there for 5-7 years. Also, their daughter runs their AHL affiliate in San Diego. It looks like she is in training to run the organization after her parents.

That's what I think also.   Henry and Susan have more money than they know what to do with.  So this is kind of their legacy that they can leave to their daughters, and I'm sure their grandchildren.  I'm sure Henry would be thrilled if an offspring followed his footsteps.  But Henry is a different kind of wicked smart that would be unfair for anyone to follow.  But team success is something that is within reach for anyone in the family that is interested.  

On 4/23/2023 at 3:08 PM, deepdrive said:

That's good news.