• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The cost to acquire a star position player? It's getting lighter and lighter.

Chuck

The Cardinals acquisition of Nolan Arenado from the Rockies for lefthander Austin Gomber and four prospects was the latest trade of that ilk. On a micro level, it solidified the Cardinals as the team to beat in the National League Central and put the Rockies on the path to a rebuild, despite any statements to the contrary.

But on a larger scale, and perhaps more significantly, it marked a new low in the cost to acquire a star position player.

More: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/nolan-arenado-trade-marks-new-low-in-cost-to-acquire-a-star-position-player/

Is there a way to figure out what the equivalent prospects/players would be if the Angels were to have made the same trade? Francisco Lindor and Nolan are 2 big names that got traded this offseason. Betts last offseason etc. The last trade the Angels made for a big contract/player was Wells from what I can remember and that worked out terribly. I'm curious if there are GMs just asleep at the wheel or that just don't think even trying to trade for a superstar/really good player is even worth trying to do. From what I've read, Nolan's return was light but Francisco's was pretty good. I remember the Dodgers trading away Verdugo as the major piece of  the Betts trade and he is supposed to be a good player.