• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels blank Mariners behind solid work from Dylan Bundy, Jaime Barria

THE GAME: Dylan Bundy and Jaime Barria combined for 7 1/3 innings of the Angels’ 2-0 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday. The Angels made the most of three hits to get the victory.

PITCHING REPORT: Bundy worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings on 50 pitches, striking out four and walking none. The right-hander said he was scheduled for three innings, but because he’d thrown only 42 pitches, he got to start the fourth. “I felt good,” Bundy said. “I was able to get in all the pitches I needed to get in today. I was able to get that fourth up in the fourth inning, so that was a big step.” Bundy also allowed his first hit of the spring. So far, Bundy has pitched 7 1/3 innings without allowing a run. He has 11 strikeouts and one walk … Barria pitched four innings, allowing two hits. The right-hander has not allowed a run in nine innings this spring..

HITTING REPORT: Mike Trout was hit by pitches twice. Although one barely grazed him, the second hit him squarely in the left leg. Trout said he was “fine.”… Shohei Ohtani reached on an error and struck out. Ohtani is 1 for 10 with seven strikeouts this spring. Manager Joe Maddon said Ohtani’s timing is off… Jason Castro drove in a run with a double… Jose Rojas doubled off the right-field fence and then scored on Justin Upton’s single… Andrelton Simmons drew a walk and stole two bases. He took third when Mariners 3B Patrick Wisdom walked away from the bag and toward the mound, leaving the bag uncovered without calling time.

DEFENSE REPORT: C Max Stassi got behind the plate for the first time in a game this spring. Stassi had offseason hip surgery, so he started spring training behind the other catchers. He still could be ready for Opening Day. Stassi threw out a runner trying to steal third… 1B Rojas made a nice backhand stab of a grounder headed down the line. He got a force at second.

UP NEXT: The Angels are off Thursday. On Friday, the Angels will have a pair of split-squad games against the Kansas City Royals. Julio Teheran will pitch for the Angels in Tempe, and Jose Suarez will pitch in Surprise. The Royals pitchers are TBA. Both games start at noon PT.

View the full article