• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jared Walsh called up. Luke Bard sent down.

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

What does bringing Walsh does to help the Angel's?  Bour backup 1b, fletcher, Simmons, La Stella and Rengifro are four players for three other infield spots.   I don't get it.

maybe they trust a first baseman on the mound than Luke Bard an actual pitcher lol

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

What does bringing Walsh does to help the Angel's?  Bour backup 1b, fletcher, Simmons, La Stella and Rengifro are four players for three other infield spots.   I don't get it.

He helps in a ton of different roles. Backs up Pujols and Bour at 1B, backs up Upton and Calhoun in the corner OF, comes in as a situational lefty or eats some innings to save the bullpen. 

It isn't like Walsh is the final answer here. He's just here to make sure the Angels can field a competent team in case crap hits the fan. 

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

He helps in a ton of different roles. Backs up Pujols and Bour at 1B, backs up Upton and Calhoun in the corner OF, comes in as a situational lefty or eats some innings to save the bullpen. 

It isn't like Walsh is the final answer here. He's just here to make sure the Angels can field a competent team in case crap hits the fan. 

Doesnt fletcher back up outfielders?  We need to back ups for 1b?

27 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Doesnt fletcher back up outfielders?  We need to back ups for 1b?

When you've had the fortune with injuries the Angels have had over the years, having backups to the backups isn't a bad thing. 

Just a guess here, but Ohtani may need a day off here and there now that he is going to ramp up his throwing, which means Pujols to DH and Bour to 1B. The second possibility would be that Pujols' time at 1B could be taking a toll, so Bour will be logging more time at 1B and Walsh wil be the backup. Third guess would be that the Angels simply feel his pitching is coming along really well right now and that he can legitimately help out.

I think whatever the case, I'm happy to see the Angels getting their prospects time in the majors. 

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Luke Barf. 

Can we not see him again?

This spin rate nonsense needs to end. Bard has the straightest fastball I've ever seen.

I don't care how guys get hitters out, as long as they do it. I'll let Billy know not to promote him again until he learns to do just that. 

Edited by Second Base