• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

By any name, Adell displays first-round talent

Chuck

cut.jpg

By Michael Avallone / MiLB.com | August 23, 2017 10:00 AM ET

Back when Jordon Adell was eight years old, he took part in a traveling baseball program. As fate would have it, one of his teammates was also named Jordan -- with an 'A.' It caused enough confusion that Jordon -- with an 'O' -- decided to do something about it.
"We played the same position. We were the same type of hitter. We even looked alike," Adell said. "When the coach would say our name to come in from the field to hit, or to go out to our position, we'd do it together. So I told the other kid and everyone else that I was just going to go by 'Jo' and it's stuck with me ever since. Honestly, I don't really respond to anything else anymore."

Ten years later, "Jo" Adell has no such problem distinguishing himself from his peers. Being a first-round Draft pick and now the Angels top prospect quickly took care of that. But that doesn't mean the 18-year-old is done trying to separate himself as he embarks on his career as a professional baseball player. It's a path he's excited to take, no matter how tough the decision was for him and his family to make.

Adell places an extreme value on education, which has played an integral part in his life and weighed heavily on his decision whether to turn pro. His mother, Nicole, is a principal at Newburg Middle School in Louisville, Kentucky, and both she and his father, Scott, were always firm on what mattered most growing up. Adell had committed to attend the University of Louisville prior to being drafted 10th overall by the Angels in June. He became the first Louisville high school player selected in the first round since the Reds took Jeremy Sowers with the 20th pick in 2001.

Full Story 

PS: see attached video of Adell clubbing a Double off the wall in Orem.

milb_1744958783_1000K.mp4