• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Proboards frustrations

Vegas Halo Fan

I hope that this is the right forum for this.

I operate a college football board on Proboards. Without any warning to anyone, Proboards completely changed the format and the login process. I am asked for my user name and password, which I enter. I am then asked for a Proboards password, which is apparently separate and distinct from my home board login (how this can be, I have no idea). The system rejects everything that I enter. When I try to recover this apparently classified password, the e-mail never arrives. I sent a message to support@proboards.com, which came back bounced. I can't even log into the support forum, because it requires this mysterious Proboards password that apparently only they know.

To add to my already mounting annoyance, they have also now added a "prove you are human" component to this mysterious password recovery process, meaning that each new attempt means watching a commercial and waiting for a magic phrase to type in before I can request recovery - which doesn't work anyway.

From what I can see of their new layout, it sucks. Everything is stretched and all the posts are centered, which makes for very tedious reading.

Any ideas?

Have you tried unplugging the computer, and plugging it back in?

You must work for Cox.

Mystery solved. As part of a gigantic overhaul of their message board system (which they didn't bother to inform system administrators of beforehand), they added a "master" password which none of the administrators had yet set. The problem was that when I tried to obtain or reset said mystery password, due to a glitch in the system the e-mail necessary to do so was never generated. They apparently didn't know that this was even an issue until I called them (and getting their number was no easy feat).