• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Legitimately considering a move out west.

Simply put, I'm not happy out here. Miserable, actually. I need to start my life over.

Any tips? I work in healthcare but have a ton of retail experience. My credit is complete shit.

I have family but they're older (aunt is 75). Just not sure where to get started. Is California a good place to live? Oregon? Washington? 

California is expensive in any major city or county. In the Orange County area you would be hard pressed to find a studio apartment under $1,200 a month unless it's a complete rathole. It's worse in LA county. The IE is sketchy, some places like Rancho Cucamonga are nice, then east of there it falls off the edge faster than flat earthers trying to sail to China. 

Having lived on both coasts I can unequivocally say that I greatly prefer the West coast. As Jim Morrison said, the West is the best (get here and it will do the rest). Plus, NH kind of sucks.

I lived in Portland from 1995 to 2007 and still miss it. Went back for a visit during New Year's and still loved it. Great foodie culture, lots of sexy hipster chicks, but also lots of annoying lumbersexual dudes. But like all west coast cities it is pretty expensive, especially relative to Manchester.

As far as misery goes, starting over is good but I highly recommend losing weight (I think you said you are pretty fat?). Check out Snake Diet (Youtube). Pretty extreme but it works if you can dedicate yourself to it (fasting). The dude who started it is pretty funny.

California is awesome, except for the cost and the traffic.  The more I think about it I will probably retire in 10 years out of state instead of staying in CA because of taxes in retirement.  If you are looking for affordable I would be looking at AZ or Vegas.  Vegas should be relatively easy to find full time work.  In CA it is tough to find full time work, unless you have a degree.  

Go live with @RallyMo in Texas. Being fat out there is considered a sport and you get to wear plaid shirts with a huge ass belt buckle. Just stay the fuck away from Houston and Dallas that floods every year. I think he's in the Austin area that may be a couple feet above sea level. 

Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon.  California if you want to stay poor and pay lots of taxes.  Unless you are really poor, then California first for all the poor people benefits.  

But if you work in healthcare, depending on what you do, there should be lot's of jobs since healthcare is the wests dream utopia.