• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One of my biggest concerns on the Angels

Gary Disarcina

He was my favorite non-pitcher on the Angels for almost a decade. I still maintain that his injury is why we tanked. He belongs in our organization. 

However I've concluded he is a horrible 3b coach. I can't handle watching him sending runners as fans yell "noooooo" only to watch them get thrown out at third or home.

This truly is one of my biggest concerns.

Very concerning to say the least.

Keep in mind third base coaches aren't born over night. Let him make a few mistakes the first couple seasons, we'll see where he is in 5 years.

It is my contention however, that it is going to be VERY hard to live up to Dino Ebel's reputation.

I agree, things are no different than in previous years.  This is all part of the team's overall offensive philosophy.  Personally, I like it, although when it doesn't work the results are disheartening.

Edited by tomsred

I have zero issue with him over aggressive and sending guys during Spring Training.  You're testing the player and seeing what they've got.  If they get thrown out, who cares?  It's a practice game.  So practice stuff.

If it becomes a problem during the 2015 season, we can talk.  But for now, no concerns. 

How often did we see him waving slow pokes like Freese and Pujols on line drive singles to LF and they're at 2B? Makes you wonder if he even takes anything into account when the play occurs other than to BE AGGRESSIVE.

Be Agressive!

B-E Agressive!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually the aggressive base running is part of Sosh's managing style. Ebel had the same windmill arm.

Ebel made his share of foolish send/don't sent signals from 3B but I still see Ebel as a more of a charming Forrest Gump type, whereas Disarcina has gone full retard. Never go full retard.