• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gunfire at Oregon High School

Training doesn't have anything to do with it.  Of all the gun deaths, very few are because someone uses it wrong.

Most gun owners want all the guns and none of the responsibility.

The root cause is that there are tons of guns and tons of people willing to use them to kill innocent people.

In other countries there are the people willing to do it but not the guns to do it.

Our politicians just come up with limp dick gun control measures and don't attack the actual problem which is the number of guns already in existence.

I'm sorry but this is truly a ridiculous statement.  Most gun owners you know nothing about because their names don't come up in the news because they are responsible and have integrity and respect the guns they own

This country will never get rid of the insane amount of guns already in the hands of Americans Nate, so what is plan B?

There really isn't one.  The only successful way to do it would be like Australia and require a buyback of all but certain types of weapons and destroy them all.

I'm sorry but this is truly a ridiculous statement.  Most gun owners you know nothing about because their names don't come up in the news because they are responsible and have integrity and respect the guns they own

Then why do they oppose all gun control laws?  Why does the NRA oppose smart guns, background checks, etc?  Aren't they most gun owners?

By the way I also think you need to hold gun owners more responsible for their own guns.  If your gun is used in a crime and you have not reported it stolen then you are charged with the crime.

If your gun is stolen and you didn't properly store it then you are given a mandatory jail sentence.  If that gun is then used in a crime you are charged with that crime.

If you own a gun you are required to take a yearly mental health exam.  If you have children they are also required.  If you have a mental health issue then you are required to sell back your gun and forfeit your ability to own a gun.

If your children have a mental health issue you are required to lock your gun in a safe and not share the code with them.  If they get their hands on your gun and commit a crime with it, you are charged with the same crime.

Do those things and I guarantee you that a lot fewer guns would go "missing" and a lot less of these mass shootings would happen.

There really isn't one. The only successful way to do it would be like Australia and require a buyback of all but certain types of weapons and destroy them all.

If only we could have an isolated island continent with one tenth the population and not have many other things causing many more deaths.

If only we could have an isolated island continent with one tenth the population and not have many other things causing many more deaths.

This is my problem with Americans on this issue.  We just keep making excuses.  It is too hard!  There are already so many guns it will take forever!

Shouldn't we start now so in 20, 30, 50 years things are better?  Instead things just keep getting worse.

And no it isn't that it just seems like it is worse because of the media, the instances of gun violence are steadily climbing.

By the way I also think you need to hold gun owners more responsible for their own guns.  If your gun is used in a crime and you have not reported it stolen then you are charged with the crime.

If your gun is stolen and you didn't properly store it then you are given a mandatory jail sentence.  If that gun is then used in a crime you are charged with that crime.

If you own a gun you are required to take a yearly mental health exam.  If you have children they are also required.  If you have a mental health issue then you are required to sell back your gun and forfeit your ability to own a gun.

If your children have a mental health issue you are required to lock your gun in a safe and not share the code with them.  If they get their hands on your gun and commit a crime with it, you are charged with the same crime.

Do those things and I guarantee you that a lot fewer guns would go "missing" and a lot less of these mass shootings would happen.

I think you need to take a mental health exam.

At this morning's news conference, the sheriff said that the male suspect was actually killed by police. Even though the wife pointed her gun at him and fired, none of the bullets hit him. This was based on the autopsy.

The suspects were armed with a Smith & Wesson 9mm, a Ruger, and a shotgun. They also took the officers' weapons.

The sheriff showed a video of the barricaded suspects from the store's video camera in the aisle where they were shooting it out with police.

You can see the moment the male suspect is shot. They did not show the female suspect shooting herself.

The sheriff showed a video of the barricaded suspects from the store's video camera in the aisle where they were shooting it out with police.

You can see the moment the male suspect is shot. They did not show the female suspect shooting herself.

"Welp, this didn't end like we were expecting"

This is a typical response from someone who doesn't have an explanation.

Then why do they oppose all gun control laws?  Why does the NRA oppose smart guns, background checks, etc?  Aren't they most gun owners?

The NRA represents all/most gun owners just like NOW represents all/most women.  I might also add that not even all NRA members agree with everything the NRA pushes.

Cops are trained to use, maintain, and store firearms properly and safely.  Many thousands of dollars in equipment/rounds/training and weapon safety from professionals before they can carry a weapon at all.

A huge percentage of Israeli adults have guns they get to keep after serving mandatory time in the military...where again, they get many thousands of dollars in training and weapon safety.  For some strange reason, their gun deaths per capita are less than 1/5 of those in the United States.  

It's so weird. 

The strange reason is because they have trained/armed personnel at EVERY school.  Our Nation will eventually go that route too in my opinion, and sooner than later.  It will be either a Police Officer or contracted-security.

I don't have time to list sources, but I believe violent video games (in concert with lack of discipline and mental-illness) ARE a factor in these shootings with juvenile-offenders.  Of course, we all know these statistics/studies are usually slanted to whatever side is doing the finding.

It also comes-down to, "If you see something; say something."  The red-flags are glaring after the fact, but they must have been visible prior to these incidents as well.

The strange reason is because they have trained/armed personnel at EVERY school.  Our Nation will eventually go that route too in my opinion, and sooner than later.  It will be either a Police Officer or contracted-security.

I don't have time to list sources, but I believe violent video games (in concert with lack of discipline and mental-illness) ARE a factor in these shootings with juvenile-offenders.  Of course, we all know these statistics/studies are usually slanted to whatever side is doing the finding.

It also comes-down to, "If you see something; say something."  The red-flags are glaring after the fact, but they must have been visible prior to these incidents as well.

I really believe that it's almost always a combination of factors that lead to these things happening. Can violent games be one of them? Absolutely. But I don't think that they're ever the singular cause. If you take an average 16 year old and have them play Call of Duty for a few weeks, it's pretty likely that won't come back to bite you. Now, if you do the same thing with a schizophrenic 16 year old that happens to have access to weapons, you might be creating a dangerous situation.

The NRA represents all/most gun owners just like NOW represents all/most women.  I might also add that not even all NRA members agree with everything the NRA pushes.

As a gun owner, I can tell you that I hate the NRA's "If you give an inch, you give a mile" philosophy. While I don't want guns banned outright, there are definitely things we could be doing to reduce the amount of harm they can do to innocents. The NRA, however, won't even entertain that idea. Frustrates me to no end.

Fascinating opinions they are also

do you spend much time around juveniles? there is nothing rational about their thought process. when they spend hours and hours watching and role playing conflict resolution with violence, guess what they're going to think is the proper way to handle conflict? dismissing that kind of impact on kids is dangerous. the kind of music some of these kids listen to also has an impact.

you can't compare how you as an adult process games and role playing and music with how a 13 or 14 year old processes it. rational thoughts and maturity are not part of the equation.

do you spend much time around juveniles? there is nothing rational about their thought process. when they spend hours and hours watching and role playing conflict resolution with violence, guess what they're going to think is the proper way to handle conflict? dismissing that kind of impact on kids is dangerous. the kind of music some of these kids listen to also has an impact.

you can't compare how you as an adult process games and role playing and music with how a 13 or 14 year old processes it. rational thoughts and maturity are not part of the equation.

Look, everyone is different. But I grew up playing video games with my first violent game being the original Wolfenstein 3D, grew up on punk and hardcore. I also studied warfare and the Nazis damn near religiously (I was always a man of modern mitary history). As an adult I hate wars, guns, and am probably the last person to go postal. I WAS that dangerous demographic you're talking about.

Edited by TobiasFunke