• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arroyo has yet to receive a single offer

I'm having Tim Belcher flashbacks. Belcher was a 37 year old pitcher who gave up a lot of home runs but averaged almost 230 IP the 3 previous seasons. He came here and, of course, got hurt. Unless it's Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, or a juiced up Roger Clemens, signing 37+ year old starting pitchers is almost always a bad idea.

Edited by gurn67

I'm guessing he has received plenty of offers. He just hasn't received one that he wants, nor is he going to.

Dude needs to suck it up and accept that he's older and isn't going to get 3 years.

Not only that he's old, but also the fact he just really isn't that good. For some reason he thinks he's better than what he really is. His biggest freakin strength has been his availability/durability. That's really it. He doesn't have good peripherals, he doesn't have good stuff....but he's pitched like 200+ innings the last 3 or so years. That's his appeal right there, especially since the rest of the market is full of bigger question marks when it comes to performance/health

Edited by bloodbrother

Not only that he's old, but also the fact he just really isn't that good. For some reason he thinks he's better than what he really is. His biggest freakin strength has been his availability/durability. That's really it. He doesn't have good peripherals, he doesn't have good stuff....but he's pitched like 200+ innings the last 3 or so years. That's his appeal right there, especially since the rest of the market is full of bigger question marks when it comes to performance/health

If the price is right, he might make a decent long man out of the bullpen after this season?

Edited by Jim

I'm having Tim Belcher flashbacks. Belcher was a 37 year old pitcher who gave up a lot of home runs but averaged almost 230 IP the 3 previous seasons. He came here and, of course, got hurt. Unless it's Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, or a juiced up Roger Clemens, signing 37+ year old starting pitchers is almost always a bad idea.

Oh, god.  I had pretty much forgotten about Belcher.  Thanks for bringing him up and ruining my day.  :)