• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arroyo has yet to receive a single offer

There's a reason for this.

I don't want to go anywhere near this geriatric mess. 

How is he a geriatric mess?  He's 37, but he's never been hurt, never been on the DL, never missed a start.  Ever.  He isn't an ace, he's a high 3, low 4 ERA pitcher that has almost identical stats the last 2 years, that would qualify for a solid #3 pitcher.

How is he a geriatric mess?  He's 37, but he's never been hurt, never been on the DL, never missed a start.  Ever.  He isn't an ace, he's a high 3, low 4 ERA pitcher that has almost identical stats the last 2 years, that would qualify for a solid #3 pitcher.

He would easily slot in as the #3 on our staff.  We kinda need him.

"I get why [Kershaw] got all that money. But then you've got guys like Dice-K [Matsuzaka], who came over here and was good for the first couple years but then didn't pan out. And when he doesn't pan out, they all just forget and go on to the next guy who's not proven, and pay him.

"Meanwhile, they forget about guys like me, who have done the job for the last eight or 10 years, and treat them like they've never done anything in this game. That's hard, man."

I get the frustration but come on, don't be complaining about other player contracts.  I know he didn't specifically name Tanaka, but he's obviously referring to him.

He's right though. Maybe he shouldn't get paid like Tanaka, but he should be getting a lot more love than what he is currently getting.

Tanaka is 25, Arroyo is 37.....that has a whole lot to do with this....the NBA drafts and pays a fortune to 1 and done college players who've done very little but show a lot of potential...similiar deal.....it's all about upside and projection....you know what you're getting with Arroyo and it doesn't get everybody as excited...not fair but it is what it is....

Like I said, I don't think he should be paid like Tanaka, but he does have a resume that should command a decent contract for a couple of years.

If he were 31-33, he'd get 4 years probably, similiar to Vargas....but there aren't many 37 year old starters around, unless you get some help for Mother Nature like Clemens did....37 year old starters aren't going to get 3 years, and maybe not 2....Wouldn't be a surprise if he gets 2 but also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a 1 year deal either....

The appeal with Bronson is that he's been durable and has provided league average production, but there's a few things going against him that Bronson apparently doesn't want to admit. He's 37, that's the biggest issue. 2nd of all is he just doesn't offer any upside, and once you circle back to his age, there's a greater chance that he's on the downside of things. At this point in his career, with him mainly being an average pitcher his whole career rather than a great one, teams just won't be willing to give him a 2-3 yr deal. He may just need to settle for 1yr deals from here on out for however long he plans to play...or sign a 1yr deal with an option year based on certain things like innings pitched, etc

I worry about him moving back to the AL and getting crushed, but at this point there's not much else out there and I'd definitely rather have him over Blanton. If he is willing to sign a 1yr deal then there's not much risk to bringing him in

The Diamondbacks are beginning to kick the tires on Bronson Arroyo, according to the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo (on Twitter). Arroyo told ESPN's Jayson Stark earlier this week that he's yet to receive a formal offer from a club.

Hurry up and get it done KT

Bronson Arroyo has been looking for a three-year deal or at least a vesting option for a third year, which could be holding up his market.  If Arroyo was willing to settle for a flat two-year contract, Cafardo opines, he could find a deal, possibly with the Diamondbacks; Cafardo reported earlier this week that Arizona was "beginning to kick the tires" on the veteran right-hander.  Arroyo recently said that he has yet to receive a concrete offer from any team, despite a lot of interest from around the league.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/02/cafardos-latest-arroyo-cruz-burnett-middlebrooks.html

Bronson Arroyo has been looking for a three-year deal or at least a vesting option for a third year, which could be holding up his market.  If Arroyo was willing to settle for a flat two-year contract, Cafardo opines, he could find a deal, possibly with the Diamondbacks; Cafardo reported earlier this week that Arizona was "beginning to kick the tires" on the veteran right-hander.  Arroyo recently said that he has yet to receive a concrete offer from any team, despite a lot of interest from around the league.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/02/cafardos-latest-arroyo-cruz-burnett-middlebrooks.html

So which is it.

He has yet to receive an offer

or

He has yet to receive a concrete offer